Questions about LoRaWAN Libraries

Because you have hardware that needs commanding and the library is the software that will issues the right commands to make it work.

i am using this library and i want to know if i can activate ADR in this library

Yes, sort of, as in preferably not with Matt’s library.

There is the API call which you can lookup in the docs directory for turning ADR on and off.

But that library is deprecated now so we recommend the MCCI LMiC library.

Which Arduino / MCU are you using?

I am using arduino uno

Assuming you have a fairly simple temperature / humidity sensor then you should be able to use the more up to date MCCI library but you will have to turn off the Class B Ping & Beacons code in the lmic/config.h file to get it to fit on an Uno.

Going forward you would need to think about using an MCU with more flash & memory for using MCCI LMiC - an Arduino Nano Every works well.

I will do it
thank you so much

Is there anyway to active Adr in old library?
because the new mcci lmic library got error in my arduino

ADR is supposed to be the same in both though the old one may not have some key bugfixes.

You really shouldn’t try to use the old library any more.

Work the error, and consider moving to a less obsolete board.

That has a docs directory with the API docs in it as well.

What error?

But medium term, as @cslorabox suggests, moving to a device with more memory will make this much easier.

my arduino error is lmic.h library
it says lmic.h library is not found
yes I am trying to move to the new library

How did you manage to compile & upload firmware if your IDE can’t find the LoRaWAN software?

I have just used GitHub - robertlie/dht11-ttn-rfm95: Send DHT11 sensor data using the Arduino Uno, HopeRF RFM95 LoRa transceiver and The Things Network to IOTA Tangle using Masked Authenticated Messaging (MAM) this libarary along with the old arduino lmic master library and dht sensor library which is working fine
but when I replace old lmic with new mcci lmic it reslults in error

Ah, well, going to take some refactoring or building device firmware from the parts rather than recycling an old repro.

You can still use the Classic / Matt LMiC and as I said, it has a docs directory - have you found the docs and have you read them, thus finding the correct command to turn ADR on & off??

Thank you for giving your attention and time
it is really appreciated
yes I have found the docs and I am reading it
I will try to active Adr
if I had any problem can I ask again here?

Of course!

hello,
i am using esp32 with sx1276 and i have my gateway up and running with chirpstack bridge application server and network server now i want to test class c which library i can use?
thanks and regards
manikandan v

This is the Forum for TTN…we do not use ChirpStack - recommend you ask on the CS Forum.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for help with adding CN490 region support to MCCI LMIC

3 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for help with ESP32 + SX1276

A post was merged into an existing topic: Looking for help with ESP32 + SX1276