RAK 7204 LoRa environmental sensor

x1540

The RAK7204 is a LoRa node that serves as an indoor environmental monitoring station.
The high-precision sensor, can measure changes in temperature, humidity, gas pressure and provide an indoor air quality index.
The combination of the BME680 environmental unit and the LoRa radio make this device especially suited for deploying sensor networks of large size in tall buildings or ware houses.

x1536

x1537

x1539

x1538

getting started
DOCUMENTATION
SHOP
RAK forum
TOOLS

1 Like

The enclosure is very solid and designed for easy installation.

x1549

x1548

- screw the backplate on a wall
- mount the (metal) inner base
- click on the lid

documents are updated - burning / testing installed firmware

39%20PM

need to remove the PCB from the backplate, or you can’t press the reset button.
x1550

rak7204-1

check current firmware version
rakserialtool0
need to update the firmware, its 3.0.0.3.H and the latest is 3.0.0.5.H

check current bootloader version
7204bootl
check the bootloader version with STM32CubeProgrammer as described in the getting started document, V3.1 … that’s fine, no need to update :sunglasses:

update the firmware
Because the current firmware on this device is newer then V3.0.0.0 , we need to set the device in bootmode with an AT command.
You can do this with the RAK serial port tool

rakserialtool1

rakserialtool3
device is now in bootmode… we close this app and (download) start the RAK LoRaButton Upgrade Tool.

upgr1

download and select latest firmware and press START
upgr2

upgr3
do a little dance pompom

close this app and recycle power, start the port tool again to see if your update was succesfull.

upgr4
it was :sweat_smile: and we’re up to date.
next step to get the device connected to TTN

- to be continued

1 Like

Hello,

Nice job. I have just received this sensor connected it to TTN but as i’m new on this can not find decoder for RAK 7204 maybe you have already found it or made one, and can share with me. Also i tried to connect it to cayenne but there is no such a device and cayenne do not recognize it tired register like RAK811.

Typically if device issues Cayenne compatible payload simply pick TTN LoRaWAN in Cayenne then for device simply select Cayenne LPP as device and it should auto recognise, decode and then populate dashboard as each package type message is received :slight_smile:

In the dashboard you may see odd names used such as Analog channel where you are expecting say a supply voltage or a battery level in which case simply chose settings for that widget and rename :wink: Also I find default often show to 2 dp - overkill for most info and likely meaningless so e.g. drop barometric pressure or RSSI say to 1 dp or even 0 as likley not of detailed intererst/accurate…temp to 1 dp likely best will acheive anyhow… :slight_smile:

1 Like

43%20PM
pdf

Hi @BoRRoZ,

Maybe you have figured out something about Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) as I understand there is not even present on payload.

uh no… :sunglasses:

Looks like RAK team still not finished this function.

They have well deserved holidays now… and next week first finish the tracker I guess :wink:

1 Like

has anybody the datasheet for decoding (for all values)?

Hello 2 all — is there any foolproofed description how to add this ready-to-use sensor to TTN ? As i am owner of multichannel gateway i have the chance to read data from sensor … but i would kindly ask to get a hint for that … thank you !