RAK811 breakout pinout

(Bq) #1

Hello,

I am looking for the pinout of this RAK811 breakout from ALI :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/RAK811-RAK811-N-Sfe-petit-et-Open-Source-Conseil-de-D-veloppement-868-915-MHz-rapidement/2805180_32845848512.html

The WORKBENCH part 1
(Andreas Schroeder) #2

It’s something like the XBEE pinout.

I connected it like this (XBEE adapter used to get it breadboard friendly):

red 3.3V
white RX
green TX
gray GND

works like a charme :slight_smile:

(Bq) #3

thank you very much for your help

(Bborncr) #4

The pins are coming out the wrong side of the PCB. The schematic is correct (Pin 1 = Vcc) but the PCB is wrong (Pin 20 = Vcc). In my case I will remove the pins and insert them on the other side of the board.
This will work for the shield on the bottom but the adapter on the top of the photo doesn’t have space for the radio module.
I wrote an email to RAK, I hope this will be corrected in the future.

(Jakobpurg) #5

hey, I’m a bit new to this… Can I use atTiny85 with RAK811? I already have temperature measurement done with attiny85, I just wonder what else would I need to send it to RAK831 gateway with Raspberry pi?
And also, can I get farther away with just upgrading to bigger antenna on gateway? (I would need arround 600m without obstacles or maby here and there some boats)

why not… if you can program it to control the RAK811

(Bborncr) #7

As a follow up to the pinout issue. It turned out that the board layout was fine…just the pins were soldered onto to wrong side of the board at the factory. Just like all XBees the radio is meant to be underneath. Just make sure the monkey is on top! The new RAK811s that I received all were soldered correctly.
IMG_20180807_122524