Raspi & Lora hat V1.4 issue

Hi all,
first of all i am new since a week with Lora.
My name is Andi, i am 56 and leave in Mannheim Germany. Sorry, for not being perfect in formatting the post.

What i did so far: bought 2 Heltec 868MHz Lora V2 Board, and the Raspi head to create a simple one channel repeater while i wait for my “real” one to arrive.

I used different Arduino OTAA sources on the boards and they can connect to a 2km Gateway when outdoor and good antenna (takes long time). So i assume they are working ok.

But my Raspi Gateway seems not to “see” them at all.

It seems to get some packets occasionally :

stat update: 2021-02-06 22:09:08 GMT 2 packets received, 0 packet sent…
CE0 Packet RSSI: -62, RSSI: -49, SNR: -4, Length: 23 Message:rxpk update: {“rxpk”:[{“tmst”:803106720,“freq”:868.1,“chan”:0,“rfch”:0,“stat”:1,“modu”:“LORA”,“datr”:“SF7BW125”,“codr”:“4/5”,“rssi”:-62,“lsnr”:-4.0,“size”:23,“data”:“AEnMw+C+gLNwwICOUTTuZAB3XnDP4jM=”}]}
stat update: 2021-02-06 22:09:38 GMT 3 packets received, 0 packet sent…
stat update: 2021-02-06 22:10:08 GMT 3 packets received, 0 packet sent…

But why are my Nodes connecting to farer gateways instead to my raspi ? I know that it is only one channel and i configured it to 868.1MHz

Also i checked in the Serial Monitor that the Nodes also cycle through 868,1 and thy do.

Raspi-GW is connected to TTN but seems i heave an issue on my RX/TX side.

Not sure what info is needed to give you the best picture about my setup.
Maybe start screen from packet forwarder:

pi@Pi2Lora:~/dual_chan_pkt_fwd $ sudo ./dual_chan_pkt_fwd
server: .address = router.eu.staging.thethings.network; .port = 1700; .enable = 1
server: .address = router.eu.thethings.network; .port = 1700; .enable = 0
Gateway Configuration
** your name (a@b.c)**
** Dual channel pkt forwarder**
** Latitude=0.00000000**
** Longitude=0.00000000**
** Altitude=10**
** Interface: eth0**
Trying to detect module CE0 with NSS=6 DIO0=7 Reset=3 Led1=unused
CE0: SX1276 detected, starting.
Trying to detect module CE1 with NSS=6 DIO0=7 Reset=3 Led1=unused
CE1: SX1276 detected, starting.
Gateway ID: b8:27:eb:ff:ff:e8:7a:2c
Listening at SF7 on 868.100000 Mhz.
Listening at SF7 on 868.300000 Mhz.
-----------------------------------
**INFO: Successfully contacted server router.eu.staging.thethings.network (port 1700) **
INFO: [down] Thread activated for server router.eu.staging.thethings.network
stat update: 2021-02-06 22:32:22 GMT no packet received yet

Any ideas ?
best regards and have a nice weekend.
Andi

You’ve created a Dual Channel Packet Forwarder, which is like a Single Channel Packet Forwarder but with two channels. These are not LoRaWAN compliant and are disruptive to the TTN network so we’d ask you to turn it off now.

Due to their lack of compliance & disruptive effect we do not support them here.

The reason you are seeing problems is that a proper gateway can receive on all 8 channels at once across a range of spreading factors. Your aberration can only hear on two channels at a time with considerable limitations on which spreading factors. In broad terms, your devices will transmit on any of 8 channels which have a 1 in 4 chance of being heard by your “gateway”. Other local devices will be equally affected and the gaps in the data that the TTN network server gets can cause some considerable upset for the local area.

Ok. Sorry for that. I will shut it down and wait für the gateway to arrive.
best regards Andi

3 posts were split to a new topic: LoRaWAN without Lora concentrator