Re-Register device deleted

Hi, I’m new to the TTN and LoraWan world, I made a big mistake and need help to see if it would be possible to fix it
I bought a heat and hot water meter emitted by Lora. I registered them in TTN with OTTA and everything ok, the problem is that I added them in the same application and discovered that it had a different decode function then, without thinking, deleted the devices, created two different applications and tried to re-register the devices (which never stopped broadcasting) but without success either by ABP (I do not know the Network Session Key and the App Session Key that TTN assigned the first registration), I only keep the Device Address.

This device Address is in the Traffic section of the Gateway Overview but in applications the device appears as never seen. Would there be any possibility of permanently deleting the devices to re-register them or access the information to register them again via ABP? Thanks in advance

Registering them again on TTN is not the problem. Your devices still consider themselves ‘bound’ to TTN.
You need to find a way to reset the devices. Usually that is information found in the manual.

I have done what you told me and everything works fine. Thanks a lot

Hello, I have a similar problem, with re-registering a device, but unfortunately I don’t think the solution provided is applicable to my case. I don’t know whether it’s more appropriate to create a new topic or use an existing one one, so please let me know if you’d prefer me to do the former.

Some time ago I registered a Generic Node Sensor Edition device that I didn’t currently need as a test. The DevEUI and AppEui of this device are provided by the seller.

Recently I had the need to use the sensor in a new application, so I deleted the device from the old test application to use it in the new one. Unfortunately when I tried to re-register the device through a QR scan I was met with this error: “Access to device with ********** denied: device is already claimed or the owner token is invalid”, with the sensor’s DevEUI in place of the asterisks
I tried re-registering it again by inserting the device information manually but the result was the same.

It seems strange that deleting a device would render it permanenly unusable so I assume this is caused by a bug, or, more likely, by some mistake on my end.

I could really use some advice in solving this problem. I have access to the device, the QR code and the AppEUI and DevEUI.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: the issue solved itself. I tried scanning the QR code again today and the device was succesfully registered. I imagine I had to wait for the DevEUI and AppEUI to be removed from a database.

1 Like

Actually it was because there was an issue on the system that the TTI staff (@cndrxn) has now resolved but not posted to this thread.

1 Like

This was due to the error with the JoinServer Address check, which we resolved with the latest patch fix yesterday. I believe your device started working right after.
Let us know if you need further help.