RPI with dragino HAT Gateway Status Connected but not able to see the data stream in traffic view

HI,

I am new to Lora and Using RPI3 B+ with Dragino LORA/GPS HAT 1.4 , I am currently facing an issue is seeing the data pushed to server under traffic view

Gateway location - gothenburg ,sweden
image001 (1)

I have attched the global_json file to know the configuration, I am running the service "dual_chan_pkt_fwd"global_conf.json (879 Bytes)

The Lora Node device I am using to send Lora packets is , same RPI3 B+ with Lora/GPS HAT, running only as LORA node not as LORA WAN

Unfortunately this is unable to function as a proper LoRaWAN gateway. Many previous threads explain how single (or dual) channel devices pretending to be gateways are harmful to the network, so it’s become the policy of the forum not to support such efforts.

3 Likes

Hello I had issues (specially GPS) with dragino hat v1.4 and RPi 3b+ think it was power supply (official rpi power supply… but wtv).
But I mananged to make it working like a charm on RPi4 B 8G Ram with 5V 3A
You have the sources here

And the PoC here

GPS tracker !

Hello Again
@cslorabox
Wrong Lol I have managed to make Dragino working as an End Device and a Gateway on RPi
Or any proof cause saying that it is harmful to say it is harmful means nothing

You are mistaken.

Single channel radios pretending to be gateways are harmful to the network overall, because they are gateways that only exist for one of the 40-odd frequency and spreading factor combinations that a “gateway” is required to support. As such they are demonstrated to wreak havoc with the other people’s nodes using the ADR algorithm nodes are recommended to use.

Their use on TTN is prohibited - and this is not up for debate.

1 Like

Making an unsubstantiated statement like above to an experienced and valued contributor here on the forum shows that you still have a lot to learn about LoRaWAN and TTN.

To make things more explicit see:
Single Channel Packet Forwarders (SCPF) are obsolete and not supported

1 Like