I would like to understand who of you was already testing nodes with humidity sensors on and found them accurate in quality.
Definition of quality:
- accurate measurements especially also in the area of > 80 % RH
- battery life of at least 1 year
- sensor is outside the node (not inside and has therefore delayed measures)
I am aware that there are numerous IoT shops and companies outside there that are offering devices. My question is really who already used some nodes - either ready made or even DIY that are running for a longer time span outside and what the experiences were.
Also, I would like to understand how you evaluated the accuracy.
What I am NOT searching for
A list of links to possible devices. I can’t effort buying all and everything. I believe in the power of this community by sharing experiences with stuff that was used in practice already.
I am searching for a suitable solution for a case in the area of agriculture, mainly frost monitoring but not only.
The price per device should not exceed 80 EUR.
Already tested ones
- DIY node with AM2305 sensor
- temp measures seem be less accurate however acceptable and provides humidity measure without latch-up’s so far
- battery life is an issue, did not get further than 15’000 transmits (which of course depends on the board you are using) with my DIY node - which is of course not necessarily caused by the sensor
- DIY node with Si7021 sensor
- same behavior as the RS 1xx (same sensor)
- Laird RS 1xx
- I was reporting about my parallel test in this topic
- very good temp measures, latch-ups for humidity by 1:1 comparison with the AM2305 and an official weather station
- lot of restarts/re-connects however battery life seems rally good
- I would be looking to test the Dragino LHT65 next - maybe someone did already?
Looking forward to reading about your experiences. Thanks so much in advance!