Systemctl status ttn-gateway shows router.eu, but console connected US.west

I’ve got two gateways, one a RAK831, and the other Sandbox Electronics. I have both working and show connected to ttn-router-us-west in the console online, no end nodes yet. These gateways are still inside but will be going outdoors.

The issue/question is when I do systemctl status ttn-gateway.service they both have “INFO: [down] for server router.eu.thethings.network PULL_ACK recieved…”

Do I have a problem? If so can you point me to the answer, or what to use for a search term to find it? I tried searching with part of the command, and am coming up empty. Any help is appreciated.

@htdvisser @arjanvanb :roll_eyes:

Sounds like it has the wrong config file loaded. The config file for US gateways clearly contains router.us.thethings.network: https://github.com/TheThingsNetwork/gateway-conf/blob/master/US-global_conf.json

Note that the “router” setting in the console only applies to gateways that actually fetch their config file from TTN (The Things Gateway and some Resin.io setups). Most gateways still require you to copy the config file by hand.

1 Like

As @htdvisser mentioned it’s probably a wrong config file that’s loaded. Specifically for the Sandbox gateway, if you are following the setup directions from their site you are going to by default install the EU global_conf.json file which is why they say in that same set of directions to switch the file for the US file. The reason for that is because the gateway isn’t tuned to just the EU spectrum or the US spectrum, the json file will tell it which one to tune itself to. You would have noticed that when trying to connect a node if your node was going to be using the 915 range but you obviously saw this before getting to that point! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help.

I did have this changed in /opt/ttn-gateway/bin on the RAK831, and now changed it on the Sandbox, and have restarted the gateways, but still have the same results on both.

I changed the server in opt/ttn-gateway/bin/local_conf.json and rebooted the RAK831, and it now shows router.us… in systemctl status. PULL_ACKs recived show approximately twice as fast as before.

I thought I’d read not to change this somewhere, but it appears to work.
Thanks again for the responses. Please let me know if this is something I shouldn’t have done.