T-BEAM T22 power button no switch not boot ! cannot upload!

Hi, Ive received two new T-BEAM with no power switch but button, Ive connected to the serial port at 115k, 96k,… it detects port but I cannot upload neither from arduino IDE nor platformio ide, any suggestion ??

TTGO topic - Ttgo T-beam

2 Likes

I had one and spent hours to find the left hand button marked PWR has to be held in for at least 6 seconds to turn on and to turn off st least 3 seconds on my one.The middle one is io pin button. The righthand one is reset on mcu. Note that you need a battery fitted and has at least some charge. It takes four hours to charge battery.Its a great unit but be aware that the items such as Lora module,GPS module battery backup are controlled by axp192 and so your sketch needs to take this in to account.Nead more info message. Simon

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Vaelid that´s a great information, but that is painful, I put a battery (new one) let it charging (no led at all!!) then I try to connect to the serial port and tried to flash with the latest paxcounter that @Verkehrsrot rebuild to support AXP192, I connect at 115200 (serial port seems to be working) but when I try to flash, there´s a timeout :frowning: the curious thing is that when I push the RST button it writes a character… nothing else. I think it is a defective unit, you agree ?

Hi does sound good ! There are no leds to show working. Only a blue charge led when battery charging. A sketch I know that works is the ttgo ttn mapper by Kizniche on Github. Make sure you select the v1.0 version.I hope it loads for you do note to use the correct libraries. If loads ok then unit working but been to wait several minutes for gps to look in good signal conditions out door best. Hope this helps Simon

1 Like

Weird things… does not light when connected to USB powered hub… I move to the windows machine and it sees the comport but when trying to erase or flash with the esp32 tool … nothing happens, timed out . Move from platform.io to arduino ide but timed out waiting for packet header, took de esc32 T-Beam definition like that tbeamerror seems correct, isnt it ?

Did you get it working ? nice to know
Simon

I just received two units that work as expected, the other two definitely are dead… thanks !!

and how to get ttgo to receive code through arduino ide? mine came with softrf installed, when it touches some code for the board, it is waiting for the type of heltec board that has to open the prog button

In the Arduino IDE you need to go to the Tools Board section, verify you have the ESP32 from Espressif installed for the boards to appear

I am currently working with a T-Beam ideally i want to be able to connect to things network and send GPS data.

Does any one have a working arduino example they could send me to load on my device to get me started?

What about using the Search option on the forum?

Examples are not sent to you. Examples will usually be available online as open source (e.g. on GitHub).

Get started with what, sending data to TTN?

Start with the basics and start simple.

Did you get the issue resolved? I have the same problem here.

What version of T- Beam do you have?
I have 3 T-Beams V1.0, two of them running with TTN V2 (ABP) and one running with TTN V3(OTAA). I can use them with TTNmapper or just payload decoder (formatter).

For programming I use Arduino IDE V 1.8.13, the T-Beam is connected via USB.
The firmware is based on: GitHub - DeuxVis/Lora-TTNMapper-T-Beam: TTNMapper on the TTGO T-Beam and
GitHub - kizniche/ttgo-tbeam-ttn-tracker: TTGO T-Beam Tracker for TTN Mapper and TTN Tracker using US (915 MHz) and EU (868 MHz) frequencies

Wolfp, I have here an T-Beams v1.1. I almost return the device today, as yesterday I tried everything to make just a code upload. Finally, I saw somewere someone with a similar issue and pointed out that leaving the TB with the battery and connected until full charge fixed it, so that is what I did overnight and a few minutes ago I tried a new download and guess what… it worked. I think the issue is related to the AXP192. Is frustrating not having a clear understanding of the root cause. This is my second TB. The first one worked smoothly. And thanks for your reply, I appreciate your time.

Hi Wolfgang,

what version of lorawan did you configure within tts?

Thx in advice,

Maurice

I use MAC V.1.0.2 and PHY V1.0.2 REV B. My V3- gateway is not shown by TTNmapper but the measured positions are shown on the Heatmap and the Advanced Map.

1 Like