The BARGAIN basement part 1

ESP32, so it begins.

Promotional Price for IC880A Lora Concentrator 155€

http://webshop.imst.de/radio-modules/lora-concentrators/ic880a-spi-lorawan-concentrator-868mhz.html

3 Likes

Just got updated and qty pricing from RisingHF too - will be able to share soon :slight_smile: but no prize for guessing - it’s lower that than.

I’d say the “promotion” is here to stay…

3 Likes

Great to hear. I noticed the discount for higher quantities on the IC880A is higher than I think it used to be, indicating there may be relatively much room in the sales margin.

Here’s a 15% discount coupon code for Pycom’s webshop, useful if you’re planning to order the LoRaWAN-enabled LoPy, WiPy or even the SiPy: HELLOPYCOM16

Enter it at checkout.

2 Likes

1 Like

• wow… shipped next day :slight_smile:

Have that broadband LNA inbound (hope it arives this week).
But remember, this amp is only meant for RX (receiving).
Put a TX signal through it and you got a nice attenuater.

true … excellent for SDR

Yep that’s why I ordered it. :smile:

Antenna’s: We picked up a 900 MHz 5 dbi antenna off Amazon for $6 and had been using it on our Single Channel Gateways for testing. My nodes still have a red wire antenna and I looked up the length for 902.3 MHz(79mm). For fun I opened up the 900 MHz antenna on the SCG and was surprised to see it was 56mm long(tuned for 1.2GHz). Thankfully I was able to remove a grounding sleeve, trim that back and create a 78mm(915 MHz) antenna. I suspect Aliexpress and eBay versions are the same.

Check your antenna lengths because even commercial ones don’t tell the truth.

2 Likes

I needed a nice enclosure for a mobile measurement tool… found this one for € 11,04 incl. shipping

2 Likes

Thats why I have a rigexpert antenna analyzer :slight_smile:

LOL… indeed , one type RIGEXPERT uses this enclosure :sunglasses:
I’ll have the AA-1000 on my bucket list … someday

Indeed, the RigExpert are very nice pieces of equipment. Have owned a few of them and my current analyzer for a while is the AA-600 which can measure up to 1.4Ghz when connected to a computer (sssstt didn’t till that).

1 Like

These FTDI converters are just perfect, small, cheap ($2) and 3V3 (with on board regulator) or 5V selectable, just ordered 8 :wink:

1 Like