The LIBRARY basement part 9

46%20PM

FDA ’ whether or not devices that continuously learn and change their algorithms based on new data should be evaluated under a new set of rules

CommCon is very different to any other conference in the Real Time Communications industry as its a Residential Conference. You pay one price and that includes almost everything you need during the conference. And theres lots of fun to be had too!

’ Pairing an IoT device could not be easier: Just open the browser and snap the QR code. It’s that simple. ’

24%20AM

45%20AM

27%20AM

citizens should measure this too , level the playing field

Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous

:scream:

momenta

A discussion on IoT/LPWAN in Oil & Gas pipeline monitoring… a bit lite on specific content but calls out some topics/use cases:

@cultsdotelecomatgmai Tim, adjacent to your domain knowledge & professional interest?

1 Like

Is 22Bn devices overstating for end of 2018?

And does Enteprise IoT ~50% of market look high at 2-3x total smartphone (~5Bn) looking at the chart! :thinking:

Rob & NNNco… @Maj - the ‘local’ competition to TTN/Meshed?! :wink:

Hi @Jeff-UK, thanks for posting this link. It’s a very good article and gets all the key points across. I first worked in the 1980s offshore UK on PipeLine Integrity Systems (PLIS) for leak detection and both emergency and controlled shutdowns.

Part of the scale of the Piper Alpha catastrophe (1988, 167 dead) was because the initial blast destroyed the control room including the Piper end of the PLIS system monitoring incoming feeds of oil from adjacent platforms who then kept pumping fuel into the fire because the Piper end of the PLIS didn’t tell them to stop. Lord Cullen was scathing at his inquiry.

The integrity stuff is all still needed. The real problem nowadays, as per the article, is that all the installed pipelines are getting old, very old. There is almost zero likelyhood of the public supporting new pipelines. Corrosion and erosion are slowly destroying all the existing subsea and buried pipelines.

IoT has a big part to play in all this. In the last 10 years I’ve done a lot of work on using LTE, Orbcomm and Inmarsat on projects to increase all monitoring on remote Oil & Gas systems. I’ve recently been helping https://www.corrosionradar.com/ to add LoRaWAN capability to their systems.

My point in writing this is that it’s easy for us all to treat IoT, TTN and LoRaWAN as fun. Yes it is, but it’s also deadly serious. Thanks @Jeff-UK

2 Likes

x1394
x1395
solar supercaps