The Things Network V2 is Permanently Shutting Down (completed)

Ah, I guess there is nothing like SNI for MQTT, or maybe not all clients support that if it exists? But then, that could be solved with an extra IP address, serving one certificate per IP address? As long as ports don’t change, I’d assume that would work, if wanted.

(Lacking a true community in Haarlem I was very much tempted not to bother migrating that specific gateway, thinking it would need a USB-triggered firmware upgrade. But I learned some beekeepers are using it, and in the end one of your posts convinced me it would/should be easy.)

3 Likes

The incident on our status page was just updated with new information. The first post in this topic has been updated accordingly.

The incident on our status page was just updated with new information. The first post in this topic has been updated accordingly.

R.I.P. good old v.2 — we´ve had many nice times, lots of fun, some stressful nights and days but at all today is the time to leave and say good bye ! – thanks to the TTI Team for giving the v.3 TTS CE to us — and another big thankyou to all the volunteers here in the forum and in slack !!!

13 Likes

how can we send downlink messages via the console until dec 7 if you’ve moved the link to the console from the picker? https://console.cloud.thethings.network/ WHERE’S THE LINK TO THE OLD CONSOLE? : )

Try e.g. The Things Network for gateways, https://v2console.thethingsnetwork.org for the top level, The Things Network for applications etc.

jeff, you save my Week-end with the link you share! :slight_smile:
Because I am very late for the migration…

1 Like

Today we started auto-migrating TTIGs from The Things Network V2 to The Things Stack Community Edition. See Auto-Migration of The Things Indoor Gateways for details.

2 Likes

Links are not working. They redirect to V3.

Is it possible to get on V2 console just to see what devices I have and which were alive just before shutdown? Some users of the sensors can’t live without everyday dose of the enviromental measurements and I would like to try to move that to V3. The devices use ABP. Is this OK with V3?

If you read just three posts up you will see the link.

But you may well be too late.

It looks like the bot forgot to post a reply. Here’s the latest update:

We’re still cleaning up servers behind the scenes, but all public V2 APIs have been shut down.

So I’m afraid you’re too late, @s54mtb.

OK, thanks. I was trying in past several times without success. Looks it’s time to clean crap from the field and recycle to some new devices :+1:

Just for posterity, this was answered in Inaccessible gateways - #5 by htdvisser (ping @Kater).

I have created a new gateway and registered it but it shows status as disconnected how can I rectify it??

Details…please!

Sir I have created a lorawan gateway for college project and I have Created new gateway with Lora shield v1.3 and with Raspberry and got the Gateway Eui sir. And I have registered my gateway in ttn and given all the needed details but it shows status as disconnected sir.My Gateway EUi is B8 27 EB FF FF 34 1E 46.

? What is this… link please. Is this a LoRaWAN concentrator card (using Sx1301/2/3) or just a device (node) HAT? If latter you cannot create a LoRaWAN gateway from that…

Sir it is a device Lora shield Hat sir

Then as stated you can’t make a gateway with that…were you directed to use this (e.g. by you lecturer/project supervisor?)

I just searched in the browser sir