The WORKBENCH part 1

x920

live and kicking :sunglasses:

1 Like

x921

from the same manufacturer … possibly illegal contraband in the EU :smirk:

You just need the right license eg in the UK there’s the new (rebranded) Innovation license https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/53105/ofw357nonopguide.pdf

Makes me chuckle in LoRa context when they call out limits for dBuV/m at edge of premises…when may be looking to trial/test LoRa at not just 30/100m but 1km, 10km…30km+…?!

BTW know of easy way to convert dBm of ERP to dBuV/m of field strength at a given distance?

1 Like

This? http://www.compeng.com.au/radiated-power-calculator/

2 Likes

unboxing EZ-DCE15 - Die Cast Enclosure

x922

x923

x924

x925

x926

fast
superfast DHL delivery - first impression : nice small box / good webshop :sunglasses:

x927

LoRalarm

Snap! (Yes it was me…), figured if ordering a bunch may as well add some SMA & N type pigails, adapters & POE cables etc as no increase to shipping…also impressed with delivery as ordered Wed am and arrived lunchtime today :slight_smile:
Internal mounting plate will be useful - even if narrowing space vs other forum thread comments.
BIG problem is 5x expanded polystyrene packing cases rubbing against each other with die cast box then well insulated and holding charge = massive static shocks! :frowning: Fortunately opened on kitchen table vs office/workshop so keeping well away from anything electronic :wink:

…thanks for initially flagging them :+1:

1 Like

And now they’re out of stock. In the past we had slashdotting a site. These days we have TTNing a webshop with LoRaWAN (compatible) stuff :wink:

3 Likes

x928

you can [have] buy this one if you need it …

1 Like

? is it possible to get an RPI (gateway) working on ZIGGO WIFI HOTSPOTS (NL) . anyone tried ?

Have you check this message on the ziggo forum? (Dutch)

off course :wink: just checking but I have a problem, you can’t test it on your own ziggo modem, and there’s no ziggo hotspot within reach.:sunglasses:

?? Why can’t you?

wifispots

nope … you can’t connect with your own modem

all ZIGGO Wifispots have the reserved SSID ‘Ziggo’

x929

the one you see ‘blanked’ is your own (if switched on) So you can’t connect to that one and need another one ‘in your street’ according to the site info.
Now I know why people stop and park their car… apparently I’m the only one with that wifispot switched on :rofl:

x930

1 Like

I tried but UPC/ziggo is blocking port 1700 (if I am correct with this number) so it does not work.
You can use your “own” ziggo public wifi access point by just putting the right SSID and passcode in the RPI. I do use a separate wifi router which might change things.

yes I was afraid of that :disappointed_relieved:… expect ZIGGO ‘IOT ready’ modems in the near future
So for the ‘mobile gateway’ you have to use 3g/4g

expect this one tomorrow/this week ? … hope it works :sweat_smile:

4g1

nice… matches with RAK magic stick :wink:

RF%20N%20female%20to%20Y%20type%202X%20TS9%20male
RF N female to Y type 2X TS9 male Right Angle Splitter Combiner cable pigtail RG316 :roll_eyes:

Or use MP forwarder which uses TCP on port 1883 :wink:

3 Likes

I have to do a port scan as soon as I find a wifispot in the wild :wink:
but I can imagine they have only a few ports open

VPN… :roll_eyes: