The WORKBENCH part 2

yes… very nice board idea
tsgwpcb

I understand it fits in a tubelike enclosure … but what did you change, to keep the temps and humidity inside the tube under control ?

I’ve moved away from a Pi3B+ as this generates too much heat and also looking at direct thermal transfer from the SX1301 chip to the outside ambient air. Trying to reduce the thermal resistance from the chip to the outside ambient air which in current designs this is the sum of “chip - air inside enclosure” plus “air inside enclosure - enclosure case” plus “enclosure case - ambient air”. Each of these thermal resistances are individually high and all add together. The net result is a large temp rise above ambient air temp. Still finalising my latest concept.

what about 'submerging in mineral oil ?

I just love these videos, they make me smile as I’d like to see a follow-up video after a month or two. Have you ever seen what oil does to cable insulation? It doesn’t take long and it’s brittle and fails. If you’ve worked on a hydraulic machine where the cables etc are dangling in the oil, you’ll know what I mean. So no, think I’ll try something else.

So… can you build that yourself ? and how ? :thinking:

have to ‘research’ the basics first

… to be continued

• update 6-8-18

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/marketplace/product/placepod

x1004

first 1 (of 4) 12000 mA LiPo for diy mobile powerbank

x1005
carefully pump it up :wink:

x1006
testing ‘real’ capacity vs advertised one :worried:

x1008

x1009

material for waterproof mobile outdoor GW build arriving

2 Likes

YES ! it’s officially released… :balloon::tada::confetti_ball:

rocketsreamrelease

about the design of the board : http://www.rocketscream.com/blog/2018/06/18/single-cell-arduino-compatible-lorawan-low-power-node/

OPEN SOURCE !

x1010

x1011

hmmm… that could fit with a bit of hacking off course

1 Like

Received a new pcb from aisler. 20180802_220144

nice… AC powersupply with a hi-link, just plugin somewhere and you can measure the room :sunglasses:
have a link for the enclosure ?

found one here

• closer look…

what’s missing is build in safety , like a fuse and a varistor

Personally, I find if you tip the bottle to slightly pursed lips it fits just fine, with good water tight seal - no need to hack bits of the bottle neck off to make it work! :smile:

(Though the optional lime can sometimes create obstruction… :frowning: )

1 Like

@BoRRoZ. Yes case is from conrad, number is on the pcb. 522716. The two lines to AC mains are close together. The next version i shall correct this. To fix it now i wil use my dremmel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @BoRRoZ

Use an used TP-Link 841 V9 and Freifunk or Freemesh to do that.

When i see that, i see the same problems like me. Sandwich ( Pi&Backplane&Gateway) are to high.

Needing an PCB we can stick the Pi and GW side by side and an little bit “magic” on it (hum, temp, power, I²C, con`s).

Greet`s

wait till this mobile 4g GW is finished :wink: … I had some trouble with the power but that seems solved.
it gets a heavy 5v/12v 17000 mA system build in so it can run for days
and yes I have a very low enclosure (must fit in backpack :wink:) So probably I don’t use an adapterboard but wire it myself.

Ahhhhhhhh mobile! Understand.

my reason is stationary. But share not only IoT (TTN) GW. I share my DSL (Internet) for free.
Freifunk is not free beer! We share the way for people they need information! We dont filter, we dont track! We are free! Get the digital cup of water, that stand at my site. I don`t ask where you are, what you are or where you from!

uhhhhhhhhh… It is a little bit off topic. We made our own network!

Have a nice day

1 Like

and this was our commercial break… back to the studio :rofl:

@BoRRoZ

Sorry. but were are NOT!!! commercial!!! :-p

only joking… I know
you have some links about Freifunk … be my guest and place them here :sunglasses:

3 Likes

made a little mistake yesterday and my labpowersupply is dead now :cry:

x1012
problem : can’t find schematic of this keithley 2200-72-1

siglent%20SPD1168X

this new siglent type looks like a nice replacement ( I don’t need 30-35 volts but I need/like 8 amps)