The WORKBENCH part 2

x1180

without a type-c adapter phone you can’t activate this device !

and DJI don’t supply a usb to type c adapter or cable… So I have to buy a new
phone first ? and they don’t mention that…aaaaaaaaaaaaargh
400 euro … :scream:

so to actually use it stand alone. you’ll first need one of these :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

osmo%20compatible

next time I should read the brandnew product forum before ordering… this one is also full of bugs

x1181

The product itself feel solid and wellmade and the footage you’ll find on YouTube is indeed incredible.
But there are many, many problems to solve… to name a few :

• needs to be 'activated by newer type phone
  • can’t be used without activation
  • gets to hot after 10 minutes use
  • dead pixel issues screen
  • no accessoires available (everything seems ‘preorder’
  • SD card slot not very solid
  • tries to charge your phone hence is empty quickly
  • sound quality
  • odd filenaming ( org_video_6553635_154453452000 ect)
  • not possible to shoot raw without phone attached
  • gimbal sometimes still work after powering off
  • you can’t buy extra insurance ( osmo shield) in Europe
  • 4k time lapse missing (it’s ‘only’ 1080p)
  • autopower off shuts down long time lapse
  • auto focus is slow

So I send it back and wait a few months or buy a GoPro7 black
Well, I have a very fast and big spare SD card

x1182

2 Likes

x1184

x1185

• nice equipment case - good quality, stronger then I expected :sunglasses:
1 Like

Looks nice. I ordered one myself. Hopes it comes soon.

1 Like

x1186

1 Like

Did you hit that case with a soldering iron and a knife in the style of an AvE BOLTR to check for fibre reinforcement? Looks decent…

sure :sunglasses:

x1187
for that money (129,-) its a very decent phone :sunglasses:
x1188

1 Like

Last day of my AliExpress Advent Calender, the postman brought a lot of small packages :package: today :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I know that screen ! :roll_eyes:

started yesterday to mount for easy dev

x1190

x1191

1 Like

I am not sure that “The bargain basement” is the right name, the more I go there the more money I spend…

I got Raspberry Pi’s from day one, and I actually never ever connected a screen on these (with the exception of my TV for my OSMC media player)…

I am still not sure what I’ll do with this one, but I am thinking about a controller screen for my OctoPrint server.

:smirk:

My reason is this … last year I bought the original (expensive) RPI '7 touch screen.
But, I couldn’t (without hacking) dim the back light or switch it completely on/off when not needed and when a sensor detected someone was really watching/using that screen.
Basically an always ON display… very bad for your battery :tired_face:

So with this little HDMI and touch screen, it should be possible to create that behaviour, when my hand is close to the screen it switches on and you see a nice menu / graph / data, want to try and build that with the python framework KIVY

example screens

kivyexamp

Looking like micro SD card had enough in my home gateway. Do you think I could do some “Santa Clause forensic investigation” tomorrow as a (lame) excuse to climb up on the roof to recover it? Kidding… I will leave it to the 26th!!!
That said it looks like my original RAKberry Pi gateway is heading for the workbench, I shall power up my @Charles Pi Zero W design gateway as a stop-gap.
Merci Charles :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long was it running for all told? Which s/w build was installed/ any SD Card mitigation included etc…would be useful to know background and your experience.

Also did unit see any unplanned power outages during its operating time - I’ve only seen failures immediately after power outs or within a few days of…

1 Like

no Christmas drinks for you :wink:

1 Like

Well maybe he needs a stiff Jamesons now! @GryKyo just remember dont drink & drive climb! :wink:

2 Likes

Eh, that ship may have sailed already…
20181224_185632

With regard to the SD card, it has been on the roof for two winters and 1.5 summers and I am sure it wasn’t new either. Ireland so normally temperate, some wide swings in temperatures by chance in this card’s life. The packet forwarder died before, I can’t recall exactly why but I do sort of remember re-building the application using Git and Resin.io. The gateway also stopped right after a power cut/reset in one of those autumn storms. It restarted with a power cycle then but not today :unamused:

Sláinte! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The nRF52’s are supported by mbed. The BLE support for mbed is here.

Do you have any problems with the range of the KISS LoRa ?

These look good and seem just what i need. Can aynone confirm : for M3 nuts I need the 5.5 mm driver ?

confirm