more component storagefinally I can find something when I need it :sunglasses:

x1050

3 Likes

energy storage … diy ‘powerwalls’ … the new frontier
here one build in an old vending machine

pwrwalls3
pwrwalls2
pwrwals1

most builds use recycled laptop and other equipment lion battery’s… up to 900 and more
of course it would be interesting to get a lot of data from such a wall… state of charge from every cell, temps, humidity ect ect… :wink:

batrium1
batrium

This Batrium thing looks nice…

I am really questioning all these builds where there is no single cell monitoring.
In radio-controlled model car racing, cell balancing has always been critical. If you don’t balance your cells, weak ones are becoming weaker and weaker across charges and you will overcharge healthy ones.
I am probably missing something, but I don’t see how these big “arrays” of batteries in parallel stay balanced over time.

(Also I have seen enough bad things happening with LiPo that I am very reluctant to have DIY LiPo operated devices at home… :roll_eyes: )

1 Like

yes there is a certain risk .
I’m following a few groups and most of them know what they are building.

pwrfb0

Tesla is selling wallmounted ‘blocks’ of 120 kg… for your home.

if you search social media you’ll find that the subject of energy storage is very alive at the moment, I’m interested to see if LoRa(WAN) can be usefull to monitor such an installation and how.

pwrfb1

pwrfb2

'I am probably missing something, but I don’t see how these big “arrays” of batteries in parallel stay balanced over time.

yes they are all balanced to the max… starting with selecting equal capacity ones and mounting them in the most profitable order in an array (there’s software for that)
and then of course active or passive BMS

1 Like

x1051
wiring an UTP cable for the new workbench… with the help of YouTube :sunglasses:

:rofl:

lessscrolling

why not … less workbench space / less scrolling win/win :sunglasses:

1 Like

pencilcolor2017-brokenproduct

sometimes the china packaging is just a little plastic bag … well on the bright side, 50% of my ordered products are working :sunglasses:

• update

they start working from 9v … bad quality so not recommended

1 Like

uhhh
bargain or SCAM ?

• shopname and price changed suddenly … something smelly
  • I contacted eBay yesterday … and now they are gone… well, under this name

pwrwalls01
Rohan Wilschefski - ‎DIY Powerwalls

1 Like

Approaching the 64K…

… and crash ? or start at zero :anguished:

1 Like

I totally freaked out this morning :confounded::slightly_frowning_face::frowning_face::cold_sweat::scream::flushed::crazy_face:

Using Firefox I updated to v 62 and suddenly the description field is missing / gone … that’s a disaster because I used that field as a notepad for info like passwords/secretquestion answers ect.

Only way to make something visible was to export the bookmarks to html and then you can read it… for now.
It seems to be one of the steps to v64 where ALL bookmarks are stored in the cloud (privacy!)

Man that’s really s*cks… without a warning deleting userdata !!! … a BIG sin… I leave Mozilla immediately now :rage: … you be warned !

before the update
descrgone1

and after (excuses for the image quality)
descrgone2

Thanks for the warning, I will wait until enough users have complained so they revert that change before updating.

What alternative browser would you move to, chrome ?

Edit : Found information on that decision here : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1402890

1 Like

I don’t know yet… a browser with a description field :wink: for the bookmarks

Maybe it’s time to look for a password manager :wink: