The WORKBENCH part 3

08%20PM
renting your test equipment :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just installed a 4G wireless router and a PoE injector on a back-plane for our newest gateway:

3 Likes

Newest? Kootwijk? Or even newer?

Even newer: Uddel. Installation is planned for June 17.

1 Like

CH2i_MiniLORA
Seldom show off my work which is really a moderate soldering job to show off @Charles work in fact! Arduino hasn’t been stripped of LED’s or LDO’s nor has the code been optimised for low power but it needs to be robust, esily adjusted and tidy… result!

Something for my cousin to use for some testing. Hey, if it aint broken!
G

5 Likes

Mission accomplished…

TTN-MaxBotix-Collage

TTN

This project is what brought me to TTN more than 18 months ago :wink:

9 Likes

… and you did it !! :partying_face::metal:

but what is it ?

• LoRaWAN alarm when grass mowing is needed
  • LoRaWAN children hight measurement system
  • LoRaWAN can I stand stil, can I drive my car
  • LoRaWAN there’s my Wife alarm system

0 voters

looks great

3 Likes

This seriously looks great!

1 Like

One tip… put some silicone kit in the screwholes from the top of the enclosure.
These screws start rusting very quick :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, so I show off my rough lemon plant moisture sensor (+ temp & humidity, the latter not working well):
nodo

limone

2 Likes

Answer to the mystery here:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not an exact match but I ordered this one earlier this week
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Single-side-Protoboard-9x10cm-PCB-Universal-Experiment-Matrix-Circuit-Board/32708022278.html

1 Like

I did a search on Aliexpress and did not find much.

Thats better than most boards I ahve seen, thanks.

Having the PCB pads and holes for various connectors is a great help.

A major milestone achieved as the 1st of my TTN deployed gateways to handle 1,000,000 TTN messages did so overnight :joy::tada::sparkles::sparkles::fireworks::sparkler::+1:…had been watching for this event in recent days/weeks:

nearly there a couple of days ago:

some new nodes fired up in last 24/48 hrs accelerating incoming message rate and finally last night/early this morning:

The unit in question is an iMST RPi based ‘Lite’ GW image that was originally supplied by Heinz and the team for comparative tests and evaluation work late 2017 and initially targeted to a private LoRaWAN NS or an alternate LoRaWAN service provider and was switched over to TTN duties in Jan/Feb 2018 once I had signed up and had registered the original TTN Kickstarter gateway so that I could do comparative tests with various GW’s under eval.

The unit has proven to be very consistent & reliable over the last ~18months, being dragged around various test sites in the UK before settling into its current location in elevated position at my office/lab. The only problem seen during that time was a self inflicted uSD card corruption that occurred when the unit was being used for coverage tests with a District Council in the north of England March last year for one of my commissioning/consulting clients where I inadvertently let the USB power pack that was running it discharge in very cold weather and system stopped functioning without gracefully closing the GW. A quick re-flash and it has run happily ever since :slight_smile: Highly recommended if you are looking for a basic full 8 channel GW at a decent price point. I was about to buy 10 more last year myself when the RAK DIY units & later the Pilots launched at a better price point for similar spec (though using higher power consumption version of the RPi) - I really should revisit and add a couple more to my portfolio of GW’s :wink:

TestGW002 will hopefully be joined shortly in the Million Up Club by the TTN GW (TestGW001) which can only be days away from the same status :wink:

Both units are currently approx co-located (10-300m separation) along with a Laird RG186, a RAK Pilot, a couple of RPi based self builds, a Multitech MTCAP and more recently a Things Indoor GW for long term comparative eval.

5 Likes

Yeh! 2nd Member of my Million Up Club! :tada: :slight_smile:

My TTN Kickstarter GW crossed over during the night…the one that got me engaged with TTN in 1st instance…

A quick check of the others shows that whilst many are a few 10’sK or 100’,s K messages since deployment (Q118 through Q219) several are around or close to 1/2Mill with a few that are >>0.5M…amazing how the traffic mounts up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning @Jeff-UK, your reports prompted me to go off and check my original gateway, an RPi/ic880a up on the roof of my house, which is in the western 'burbs of Aberdeen, and isn’t a hotspot of LoRaWAN activity… errr… wrong!

More than 1.3m RX messages.

2 years ago this month when I installed the gateway it was silent except for me testing stuff. Now busy with all kinds of stuff.

4 Likes

My experience has been similar with many GW’s still quiet/low or intermittent traffic but a few have seen rapid ramping of msgs esp in last ~6 months - guess this shows building momentum :slight_smile:

The 2 Mu GW’s are in close proximity and now see ~95% similar traffic apart from early on when they roamed UK for various pop-up sites and tests/trials.

Interestingly if I look at my original community (Bourne End & Cookham aka mid Thames Valley & Chiltern Hills area aka South Bucks) the GW count has followed a similar path https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/bourne-end-and-cookham/

Period - Base Line GW’s (Peak Count)

Q118 - 2 - (3)
Q218 - 4 - (6)
Q318 - 8 - (11)
Q418 - 15 - (19)
Q119 - 20 - (26)
Q219 - 25 - (32)

Though this also reflects expansion and slight re-centering of the target area to reflect actual GW deployments and user needs

1 Like

x1415

x1421
waiting for the sun to continue testing

1 Like

Two of mine landed this morning with the mail. Are you using the @Charles styled low power framework on this device? I guess it is similar to what we have built with Arduino Pro-mini and RFM95 on Charles’s PCB, possibility to remove LDO’s or LED’s? I am liking the broken out pins at a glance but have not even opened the static bags yet.

Any insights most welcome @BoRRoZ :sunglasses:

G

no, not yet :sunglasses: must try to flash his bootloader on this board.
problem is that the voltage can reach 4.2 volt during charging… need an LDO

now that I found a very small lib for that 64x48 oled everything ‘fits’ :sweat_smile:

will publish complete sketch later here

btw… they still getting cheaper ?
36%20PM

x1412
x1413

1 Like