The WORKBENCH part 3

Two of mine landed this morning with the mail. Are you using the @Charles styled low power framework on this device? I guess it is similar to what we have built with Arduino Pro-mini and RFM95 on Charles’s PCB, possibility to remove LDO’s or LED’s? I am liking the broken out pins at a glance but have not even opened the static bags yet.

Any insights most welcome @BoRRoZ :sunglasses:

G

no, not yet :sunglasses: must try to flash his bootloader on this board.
problem is that the voltage can reach 4.2 volt during charging… need an LDO

now that I found a very small lib for that 64x48 oled everything ‘fits’ :sweat_smile:

will publish complete sketch later here

btw… they still getting cheaper ?
36%20PM

x1412
x1413

1 Like

x1422 x1423
4.2A Dual USB Charger LED Voltmeter With Switch Adapter Panel for Car Boat Truck
BoRRoZ portable mini LoRaWAN connected emergency Solar Battery Box with 220v pure sine & 2 x 5V out

1 Like

I sourced some TP5000 based charger modules which are compatible with 6Vdc solar modules and are configurable for LiFeSO4. My plan was to run some devices directly from the LiFeP04 with no regulator. Even when at peak voltage these should be below 3.9Vdc which I seem to recall being the absolute max for the RFM95?

In this case it would be possible to use this without the regulator and all LED’s for single digit uA type sleep current. I have had over 14months on a single 18650 cell (LiFeS04) without the voltage changing +/- 0.1v .

Jasper Sikken has some nice solar harvesting gear on Tindie, I can see myself diverting some €€€ towards Jasper!

G

3 Likes

this board is fitted with an 14500 battery holder and these give 3.2 V , indeed NO LDO needed, So you can remove it, but…
The idea is to build this node in that solar / pir outdoor light unit, and use the components available, and that is a 3.7 v battery that, in full Sun, is charged with 4.2 v hence to much for the node.
see

nodebootloader1

I wonder , can you burn a bootloader through the ICSP pins with rfm95 attached on the board ? :roll_eyes:

nodebootloader2
update - use pull up resistor when burning bootloader

1 Like

Yes you can! I use mini core

tnx… that’s not the @charles bootloader ? or am I mistaken :zipper_mouth_face:

No, this one: https://github.com/MCUdude/MiniCore But they seems all derived from each onther with modifications.

1 Like

tnx…

now build something like this… a pogo lever fixture thing :sweat:

testjig

This is mine (familiar?) The cable is used to connect to other ISP boards. Inside is a Arduino pro micro programmed as “Arduino as ISP”

afbeelding

yep… that’s the tool I want to build too !

lever
found this usefull part $1.80 incl shipping

You can if the designer of the board put the required external pull up resistor on the RFM95 NSS pin. Without the pullup the NSS pin will be floating during programming so the RFM95 can activate the MISO pin and interfere with ISP programming.

1 Like

schematic-elecrow

I don’t see that resistor :scream:

ISP programming might work sometimes and sometimes not.

1 Like

I would add that I have had to add the resistor (temporary) to the top of the RFM98, on one board design (not mine) in order to re-program the Arduino bootloader with an ISP.

1 Like

2 extra pogo pins :wink:

x1425

x1427
building a node bootloader burn jig from scrap material

put one with a pogo pin to the required connection

1 Like

yes that’s the 'plan :sunglasses:

but first I have to do some non electronic testing :wink:

x1426

4 Likes