The WORKBENCH part 3

:sleepy: yep… nice dutch webshop

x1482

no, it’s not a 3D printer under construction :roll_eyes:

That probably leaves engraving, (laser) cutting or CNC
(assuming that you are not going to build your own scanner or matrix printer :wink:).

nope… it will end up as x-y table with joystick control for my microscope …

Nice!

while searching for the missing parts in Uncle Ali’s shop, I found these 30 RPM 6v motor/gear assembly
bought them … the plan is to use them to auto adjust the angle of the 4 small solar panels I bought before.
Imagine a plastic tube with this inside and on the outside the solar panels, hinged on the top
when you start the motor all 4 will elevate… well… that’s the idea :sunglasses:

35%20PM

Hi guys,
I’d like to share the PCB design for a LoRa MCU board powered by an ESP32-WROVER-B with the RFM95W module. The design has an onboard 868MHz antenna with 5dBi gain. Tested and works perfectly with TTN.

The board is designed with a 24Pin Header to allow sensor modules designed specifically for this board to be plugged on as daughter-boards. So you can design your on sensor board and attach to this. Daughter boards can either take power from the 3.3V pins or provide power from the 5V pins.

Firmware can be Arduino, Micropython or mongoose OS.

The full CAD project is online here

Full details are available on the GitHub page

7 Likes

wow… that’s a great project ! thank you :sunglasses:

I have also used the DN024 design it is very good, your antenna seems to be cut for 915MHz though.

Why do you say so?
It is cut for 868MHz as per the design not specification.

1 Like

You are right he additional length is for dual band operation at 868 and 2.4Ghz. I have just moved over to the DN038 though, have you tried it?

No I haven’t. It is much more compact but gain is reduced by up to 50%.
Comparatively, how does it perform?

14%20PM

to hot to solder … workbench closed :sunglasses:

x1484

x1485

3x mini 12v solar panels arrived - 1 to go, I will use them paralell and use this MPPT charger board

Mega RF conditions in Europe since yesterday evening:
@ttnmapper tracker is behind my rearview mirror, inside the car.20190725_Mega_condities

2 Likes

I wonder, if the backend’s ADR reacts on these conditions… will it switch back a node to let’s say SF 7… and what if the conditions suddenly go back to normal… is your node ‘lost’ ? :thinking:

btw 241 KM ! :flushed:

Wow I have the same kind of result.
This node is in a truck , antenna inside. It drives the dike Enkhuizen-Lelystad almost daily but it never had any coverage on it. Until today…
blip2_20190725

2 Likes

My node is always SF7. :innocent:

1 Like

x1486

1 Like