The WORKBENCH part 3

x1290
nice - new adafruit big diffused blue LED

1 Like

Make your own Field strength meter (toy) and prove that signal strength varies inversely to distance :wink:

been there :wink:

Bit too quick there Borroz :wink: - the link shows how to make a complete device whereas your link just shows the module

1 Like

I’m sorry , wanted to say… I build something like that a few years ago.
But with a tuned filter :wink:

anyway these kits are also nice

x1291
x1292

unfortunately… I blew this one up :woozy_face:

1 Like

Maybe WORKBENCH, maybe not?

Anybody use the Raspberry Pi SD Card Copier? I just did and it just works and elegantly simple too. After all the faffing about in the past with partitions and block sizes, start and end points copying images to larger cards.

I have a Pi Model 3B+ velcro’d on the back of my “not smart” TV which has been very bloaty lately on an 8GB SD card. Plugged a card read/writer into the Pi, click-click and it is done. Just a few minutes to write the image but card is formatted and expanded into the free space. The SBC runs like it did from a fresh install. I am thinking it had very little swap space in memory or something, not my chosen subject!

As most of us seem to own and use these SBC’s I recommend it. Works well.

@BoRRoZ: The postman brought me a batch of 8x8 WS2812B tiles today. So many projects now…

1 Like

scammed

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

x1294

Roller coaster temperatures in the garden shed…
(Green line)

Think your temp sensor is faulty, looks like it’s stuck, it doesn’t work above 20C. This is what a temp graph should peak at

1 Like

Yesterday one of my students got enthousiast. He really wanted to get connected to TTN so he built an antenne while I modified the node for him. Joint effort by student and teacher! We measured and tuned the antenna to 868 MHz in IoT class. #Fun!

20190319_195202 VNA_190319_185616

4 Likes

1.02 SWR :open_mouth: … you’re a master tuner

these arrived here yesterday

x1297
x1296

@gmos

@TonySmith please show us your enclosure :smiley:

@slaven96 Here you go, the enclosure is cylindrical with the cable entering at the top so it hangs from the cable. There are two cylindrical walls with the slots on the inner and outer walls which are offset. A spray of water cannot get directly on the sensor. The bottom has holes to drain any water that enters through the slots in the outer wall. Actually just realised I don’t have many good photos of the enclosure. Will need to take some next time I’m on site which by the way is ~400Km away.

2 Likes

x1299
a friend’s PC that started smoking… it seems the (expensive) videocard :sob:

yes/no/yes/no/yes/no/yes/no/ YES :sunglasses:

1 Like

Works like a charm. And when using the software on your computer, you can extend the measurement range up to 1.4Ghz.

1 Like

win 10 ? I guess yes, manufacturer website says ‘window drivers’