The WORKBENCH part 5

They also send to another countries. Via e-mail (my query):

But not in mine :frowning:

Raspberry Pi 5: For anyone who missed the announcement late last week and who’s looking for more grunt for their projects (souped up LW gateways/LNS/servers anyone, though IMHO, the 3 was already more than enough from compute and pwr consumption pov for gateways let alone a 4 or now a 5.) Details interesting all the same….here one review

Available for pre order from usual outlets with shipments expected late October….

If you’re just running a packet forwarder a model two or even a zero is sufficient. Apparently the 5 requires active cooling when loaded so not my choice for any gateway as I don’t want moving parts and ventilation holes, just more stuff that causes issues and can break.

I’d anticipate that it could make a really good fist of running TTS on the 4Gb with USB 3 SSD and the 8Gb + PCIe SSD could be awesome.

Would be nice to unpick TTS from the Docker wrapper for that to make the most of the Pi - perhaps with a paid for license for Pi only installs …

Like yours :+1: :slight_smile:

Yep, was sat within LOS of 4 such Pi0W based GW’s when posting the release note.

Amazing how tech moves on - never ceases to impress. The original Semtech/iMST IOT Starter Kit/Ref design (SX1301) from approx 1H15 (before TTN!) used a 2B+ - to handle Conc card/GW functionality, provide web/management interface, run a reference LNS, simple application server etc. with Web page UI for users (decoding e.g. LoRaMOTE data, showing plots - temp pressure, Vbatt, even a Google Maps gps location/trace appplication (until 1st the Google Maps API stopped working - did someone forget to pay the fees?! :rofl: - then whole device retired/obscolete). Many community and client networks and GW installs got started from those simple beginnings :tada:

Anyone interested in Pi4/Pi5 benchmark/feature comparisons may be interested in this posted on Core Electronics (Australia) site

Almost finished my own TTN Mapper! A number of case revisions and a whole new LoRaWAN stack (RadioLib) later, I could actually start mapping yesterday! Cycling around town, taking the train to university… all working well!
Inspired by the Adeunis FTD but that thing is way too expensive for personal use and I thought I could do better :slight_smile:
Also designing an adapter so I can click it on my bicycle for even easier mapping…

See this link for some great mapping results!

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: New TTN Mapper based on new RadioLib dissection

Heads up for all RPi hackers and tinkerers (Sensors, edge devices and GW builders…) looks like a new/revised RPi expansion board (HAT/HAT+) spec incoming…

Key points include:

HAT+ boards must be electrically compatible with the STANDBY power state – where the 5V power rail is powered, but the 3.3V rail is unpowered. The RPi model 4 and 5 support STANDBY state, but older Pis don't;
The specification is less prescriptive about HAT physical dimensions;
The HAT EEPROM content is much simpler;
A special class of HAT+s that can be stacked with an extra HAT+ on top is supported, for a maximum stack of two HATs.

Details here:

2 Likes

maybe not ttn related

how lora are used in drones form jamming

A new storage adaptor of you PI