Things Network Indoor Gateway is not connecting

I was trying to register my new The Things Network Indoor gateway on console v2 it was connected at first attempt, but it was powered through my laptop i disconnected it and powered it from main and it never connected again, i bring it back connected through my laptop USB cable (as past configurations) but did not work, I removed it and registered it again did not work then i removed it from console v2 and register it on console v3 but still does not work. I reset it and register again but no luck.

Its powered ON and green LED is stable, on my router page i can see its connected to network.
I do not have setup any node yet so that i can test if actually its connected and forwarding packets, or if there is a way to ping it from my console v3??

Its a remote location i do not expect that it will receive packets from around, and unfortunately i just started working on it and i do not have any working node example with me to ensure its forwarding packets, is there a way to send ping message from Gateway to console?

I am having the same problem with “not connected”, it started about 2 days ago:

Moderator edit - removed large screen shot with lots of white space.

A brief search of the forum will find that this is asked on, at present, almost an hourly basis.

The v2 console does not show the last connected date/time accurately or at all. This is not going to be fixed.

The acid test is to see traffic from a device through the gateway.

Deleting gateways usually involves agreeing to a serious warning about the consequences in the user interface. Once deleted they can’t be re-registered without changing the EUI which can’t be done with a TTIG.

Deleting gateways usually involves agreeing to a serious warning about the consequences in the user interface. Once deleted they can’t be re-registered without changing the EUI which can’t be done with a TTIG.

That’s amazing, I did not see such warning on instructions page. Though my gateway did not connect when i changed the location.

What is the solution, that is so amazing limitation I have no idea what to do.

It never worked on console v3

Hi, yesterday my gateway suddenly was not connected annymore. It was working fine the last two months. What to do? I registered the same gateway on cluster V3 and also: ‘not connected’ what to do to get it working again? My data from my device still comes in, but comes it trough my own gateway? Or trough an other one? The gateway traffic screen is empty.

1 Like

does it mean we can’t move existing gateway to v3 console? if someone delete its gateway from console what could be workaround to register it back??

v2 and v3 are separate, so you can register it on v3.

But if you’ve deleted it from v2, as per the warnings when you delete, it’s not logistically feasible to get it back on to v2.

1 Like

I’m not able to register it on v3 as well, is there some way to ensure if its connected? as on many forums i read sometime its connected but status is not updated on console.

and also does it matter i registered it on v2 first but removed it. what else i should check? thanks

If you can’t register it on v3 then it’s not going to be connected.

v2 and v3 are separate, like I said above.

How do you know you can’t register it on v3?

Sorry I believe I was not able to explain correctly,
I was able to register it on v3, but its status is disconnected. Is there a way to ping the device or debug if actually its connected, or to know if there is something wrong.

Device (Gateway) is connected to my home router (i can see device MAC in router home page) and its Green LED is also stable. thanks

I’m still waiting for any help.

You’ll be waiting a while, the TTIG is not yet supported on v3.

Is there a way some can remove my device from TTN v2 my device id is EUI 58 A0 CB FF FE 80 14 11
I’m in great trouble, badly stuck, i removed gateway device from TTN v2 and could not register at V3 i want to register it at v2 so that i can keep working on my project. thanks

Nope. No way to restore deleted items on v2.

The forum has many posts about not moving gateways yet and that the TTIG isn’t ready for moving yet.

Your gateway will still forward data to TTN. However you won’t be able to view the gateway data in the console.

1 Like

That sounds great, if i register my device again to TTN v2 it shows device status as disconnected, do you think my gateway is still forwarding packets to TTN v2? if yes does it mean i can send data through my lora module and will be able to see data on my TTN v2 account under applications/devices section? thanks

What does your Application in the console tell you about the data being sent from your registered Device (node)…are you seeing payloads delivered? If so your TTIG is doing its job even if you cant see it in console and it claimed not connected :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you search the forum you’ll see the the v2 console does not reliably show the connected status.

I was setting up Gateway and devices for the first time, in my first effort i registered gateway on console v2 and then realized about v3 console i removed registered device and register it on v3 then came to know its not supported yet and got back to v2 :frowning:

As i was in between setting up a Gateway i do not have tested nodes, i wanted to be sure that my gateway is working then i start working on nodes (im in rural area where i do not have any gateway around)

now problem is that if i setup new node while debugging i will be not sure if node has some issue or gateway, is there a way to ensure that gateway is connected?

If you search the forum you’ll see the the v2 console does not reliably show the connected status.

Sorry i assumed those are old posts issue must have been resolved now. do you think “Last seen” field should be updated on gateway connection? or may be its based on connected status.

Once deleted you cannot add the same gateway to the V2 console again. So there is no way to view the connection status of that gateway nor traffic relayed by it.
However the gateway will relay traffic so your nodes should still work and you should be able to view traffic in the application,

1 Like