This end device is registered on a different cluster "name1"

I’ve added a sensor to my application in The Things Network Console.
Then I unfortunatly renamed its server address to name1.cloud.thethings.network instead to nam1.cloud.thethings.network.
Under general gettings in the end device menue its possible to change the server addresses to an arbitrary value. There’s no combobox to select.
Now I’m not able to edit delete or something else eith the end device because:

" This end device is registered on a different cluster (**name1**.cloud.thethings.network). To access this device, use the Console of the cluster that this end device was registered on."

Its also unable to delete the Application within this device.

What can I do to clean my application / accout ?

Greetings

This is a good one indeed. At the moment, the console is not aware of the list of clusters since that’s technically challenging to do but this is something we should consider.

To delete, you can always use the CLI.

unfortunately delete the end-device with the wrong url is not possible.
I’ve tried this with the ttn cli like outlined above.
But I got following message:

$ ttn-lw-cli end-devices delete lgs92 eui-f00xy
WARN Registered Network Server address of end device “eui-f00xy” does not match CLI configuration {“configured”: “eu1.cloud.thethings.network”, “registered”: “name1.cloud.thethings.network”}
WARN Registered Application Server address of end device “eui-f00xy” does not match CLI configuration {“configured”: “eu1.cloud.thethings.network”, “registered”: “name1.cloud.thethings.network”}
WARN Registered Join Server address of end device “eui-f00xy” does not match CLI configuration {“configured”: “eu1.cloud.thethings.network”, “registered”: “name1.cloud.thethings.network”}
error:cmd/ttn-lw-cli/commands:end_device_server_address_mismatch (Network/Application/Join Server address mismatch)
correlation_id=39acd0fde1a04ad88fc8899d071455ab

Hello, I hope you are well. Was it possible to solve the problem?

I am in the same situation, I have apparently created an end device incorrectly and it is no longer accessible. Now I get the message “This end device is registered on a different cluster (eu1.cloud.thethings.network). To access this device, use the Console of the cluster that this end device was registered on.”

Try to remove it by CLI with the command:

ttnctl devices delete --app-id “app100-tfg-ucsa” --app-eui “8255632112000062”

But I get the following error:

INFO Using Application AppEUI=8255632112000062 AppID=app100-tfg-ucsa
ERROR Invalid number of arguments to command “ttnctl devices delete”

Any input would be a great help, thank you in advance.

Greetings!

Hello dellhack,

Sorry but I’m not able to solve this.
Its remaines as my skeleton in the closet.

Greetings!

Hello albgipfel,

Would you know if there is a way to escalate the query to a support team? Or should it only be through a subscription to The Things Stack plan?

I’m new to this and I don’t know who I could turn to to solve this problem.

Greetings.

This is the command line tool for v2.

We are on v3 now, v2 is closed.

You can’t use the v2 tool on v3 so no point trying v3 commands with it.

1 Like

Hi how are you?. Thanks for your answer. The v3 commands are those of ttn-lw-cli ?. If the purpose is to eliminate a final device to reconfigure it, should I migrate from v2 to v3?

Greetings and already thank you very much

You can’t eliminate anything on v2, it’s closed and not operational so no longer exists and as it doesn’t exist, you can’t eliminate anything on it.

And in a similar fashion, you can’t migrate from something that no longer exists.

So just register the device on v3.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue…I cannot do anything with device, and would like to either change the config or simply delete it. I am using V3.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

I am puzzled by a similar issue. I had a number of SenseCAP devices on v2, that I am trying to register on v3. Most of these were registered with no issues, but for three of them, i get
" An end device with JoinEUI ### and DevEUI ### is already registered as ### in application ###"
and I am not able to register them as new devices, even though v2 no longer exists. Where is this information that a device is already registered coming from? How can I register these devices on v3?
Thanks.

It’s coming from someone else having registered devices on v3 with the same Dev & Join EUI’s. It’s not unknown for manufacturers to end up with duplicate EUI’s but rare. It’s not unknown for people to register their devices with the wrong credentials and then abandon the entry.

The v2 database is and never was connected to v3, so that is not an issue.

Post a request for support in Slack - no one here can assist as we don’t have access to the TTN databases.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I managed to remove the device I set up on a different cluster than my gateway and app by following the steps at Command-line Interface | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN (I have the CLI installed on a Ubuntu server 20.04).

Cluster Gateway and Application: nam1.cloud.thethings.network
End-device cluster: eu1.cloud.thethings.network

Commands used to remove end-device:

#ttn-lw-cli use eu1.cloud.thethings.network --user
#ttn-lw-cli login --callback=false
#ttn-lw-cli end-devices list “app100-tfg-ucsa”
#ttn-lw-cli end-devices delete “app100-tfg-ucsa” “eui-8255632112000062”

Unfortunately, when trying to add the same device again (even though it was already removed), I get the error “Duplicate Identifiers”:

{
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/networkserver/redis:duplicate_identifiers (duplicate identifiers)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “package/networkserver/redis”,
“name”: “duplicate_identifiers”,
“message_format”: “duplicate identifiers”,
“correlation_id”: “2e6cf70686074ead83228c4e8a4d3fdc”,
“code”: 6
}
]
}

Apparently the registration of the deleted device is still active on the join server. Does anyone know how I could fix this new problem?

Greetings and already thank you very much.