Trouble Registering TTIGs today?

You sent it elsewhere and then only started to work on the new gateways?

Hummm, so sadly right now we dont know if that is correct and fully working :frowning:

After trying to get multiple new gateways configured, I took the one older working gateway that I had available and deployed it to keep the ball moving and not impact other people while I try and get the broader problem sorted out.

Not at all, sometime we over think, so I always try and start at the basic again. Just incase I overlooked something.

My sentence there sure made me sound thick-headed though, having re-read it :rofl:

Who is the network admin? Did something maybe not get changed?

I will connect one of those TTIG to say my home network, just to check.

I am the network admin. Nothing is different than the last time I did this.

So looking at the time stamps it looks like that sentence from approx 6hr ago should say “…also had another…” - just so we are clear what we are picking away at, note not criticising or (in context of latest posts) calling out ‘thick headedness’ :rofl: just trying to make sure we have all current details as at this point often its the little things that make a difference. SOooo also picking up on what you said earlier trying mobile tether hasn’t solved anything, right? Is your internet backhaul by chance using the same network provider as cellular backhaul? (just looking to eliminate network provider screw-ups and fact some randomly start blocking ports etc!!!). Your land line ISP may provide the land line (usually fibre) connectivity to the cellular BSN or RANC… a traceroute to a know end point through both may be enlightening!

@Johan_Scheepers I have a bunch currently live with no (unknown) issues right now - ok on eu…, point is that unless they have successfully connected to the CUPS server to download initial configs they never will appear online in console and will continue to ‘blink’! :frowning:

@vicatcu can you take one of the rouge GWs to a totally different network - your home, a local hotel, friends house or whereever…

Dont suppose you have any other GW types running on the network?

That is why I suggest looking at nodes as well, are the uplinks consistent. (but at the moment it is other issues here, or appears to)

Yes that’s right. The sequence of events was:

1. Yesterday had a need to send a Gateway to someone.
  2. Tried to get three previously unregistered gateways up and running to send one out, to no avail.
  3. Started this email thread.
  4. Confirmed one previously registered Gateway was ‘solid green’ on the same network in responding to replies on this thread.
  5. While continuing to engage on this thread, sent that ‘solid green’ unit out to fill the immediate need.
  6. Here we are.

can you take one of the rouge GWs to a totally different network - your home, a local hotel, friends house or whereever…

Yes, I’ve asked a colleague to take one home tonight and try it there. I’ll report back on his findings tomorrow.

Dont suppose you have any other GW types running on the network?

In fact, I have a Multitech Multiconnect Conduit Gateway (Model MTCDT, Node ID: 00:08:00:4A:3C:F6) active on the same network. Is that relevant?

I unfortunately don’t administer that Gateway, so I can’t tell you for sure that it’s working or how it connects or anything like that. But I can tell you that an end device test succeeds, and that’s the only likely pathway for it to do so at the moment.

Ok - let us know which one (EUI and GW-ID) and we will keep an eye out for any connectivity…again asking @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 Krishna if he can check back end for any action - or perhaps chime in with any suggestions…

Good - and you can confirm live/online right now? Do you know what PF is being used - UDP based, BasicStation, other? At least we know you can reach the LNS if that is live (port and protocol dependent ofcourse)…which leaves us tacking access to the 3rd party CUPS for initial configs…lets see how your colleague gets on overnight!

Just following up on this also - let me guess - given geography and history - Verizon for both (Internet service and your mobile?!)?

Actually Verizon for mobile, Spectrum for cable internet.

This one is “online”:true

Now that is very interesting

If the TTIG that worked had been stable then we knew likely connection from the local network to LNS would be ok - protocol dependent of course so not guaranteed… the new ones will need to connect to the 3rd party CUPS server to grab config info - which will include then pointing it to talk to the LNS - which is likely the current stumbling block I suspect. Lets wait and see what ‘colleague’ discovers from home network overnight. If still a prblem then I start to suspect if GW’s set as ‘claimable’ by/for TTN/TTI… :man_shrugging:

As this is the key differentiator to this situation, what do you mean by “Yes”?

Is that yes, you used your mobile phone as a hotspot?

Or yes, the TTIG worked when it was using your mobile phone as a hotspot?

No nitpicking here, just looking for clarity. If it worked via your phone, then it must be your network.

I may have an unused TTIG in stock, I can give that a try in the morning.

@descartes The new TTIGs never worked, neither while using my phone as a hotspot nor while using the cable-modem based Wi-Fi network. While trying to use my phone as a hotspot, I unplugged the Wi-Fi router to be sure there as no way it could be implicated.

OK, I’d therefore conclude that it is deeply unlikely to be your network.

Again, may seem nitpicky, but when you say registered, does the dashboard take you through the claiming process once you have entered the EUI?