Trouble with migrating OTAA devices w/o migrating gateways

Hi,
I have more than 6000 devices connected to TTN network v2 nationalwide. There are mostly watermeters. I made all steps described in manual to migrate these devices into TTNv3 (with ttn-lw-migrate).

BUT:
i. when I try to migrate application with more than 1000 devices, process is halted for error on TTN side (each in different phase, for different reason).
ii. devices are not “live” in v3 until migration gateway. And this is MAJOR problem, because we have more than 50 gateways with no remote control (no VPN, no public IP address, hard physical access).

How can we deal with this? Why data collected from GW v2 are not rerouted to applications in v3? Why GW could not be rerouted from router.eu.thethings.network to eu1.cloud.thethings.network??

Thanks!

They are (temporarily) routed and have been for many months - look at your v3 device metadata, you’ll see this as Packet Broker - and please read reply to your other post and perhaps search the extensive body of knowledge in the forum.

Unfortunatelly data for devices in V3 applications are not rerouted. We lost connection with all migrated applications. :frowning:
Or you have some advise, how we could get them back?

I think we’re going to need some details to be able to debug this.

What make & model of water meter is it.

What LoRaWAN version is it running?

If you did a test on one or two that you had local access to, how did that go? If you didn’t test, can you?

Did you move the sessions over?

If not, do you know if the devices implement the Link Check MAC protocol which will enable them to realise they aren’t connected and then re-join?

Hi,
is there some advise, how I could migrate V2 OTAA device with active session through V2 gateway (packet broker) into V3?
Because all of attempts failed (in my case).
Thanks

Please do not duplicate post, particularly when there was a request:

Did you see the bit about volunteers?

What make & model of water meter is it.

Axioma and Zener

What LoRaWAN version is it running?

1.0.2, I think

If you did a test on one or two that you had local access to, how did that go? If you didn’t test, can you?

Some of these I have here. With physical access.

Did you move the sessions over?

The session was not moved.

I’d suggest you test one on your bench (fingers crossed you have one that’s got an entry in v2, or can hijack and entry in v2). You can speed up the uplink interval to ~3 minutes to see what happens at 64.

And in parallel, find out if the firmware has the Link Check in it as that will let you know if your devices will eventually try a re-join.