Trying to "re-claim" old indoor gateway

eui-a840411d9a584150 - this is the other

Ok - a Dragino that was on old TTN V2…looks to still be live or recently powered up of course :slight_smile:
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/gateway-data/gateway/eui-a840411dc2904150

Originally in VIne Street? :wink:

Have you logged into the device and updated target server to reflect TTN(CE) - aka TTN V3?

https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/api/v2/gateways/eui-a840411dc2904150

Try to register again using the EUI but where the console autopopulates the Gateway ID field with the ‘eui-a840411dc2904150’ go in and change that to e.g. ‘old-vine-street-dragino’ or some other text you prefer and you might get through, similar for the 2nd

Post picture of the error you see - I suspect you are being told Gateway ID is already registered, right? If using auto generated and an attempt to register on V3 has happened before that would explain problem.

1 Like

Dragino

didn’t get the error - just still not connected

Looking better :slight_smile: Have you logged into the Dragino and change server target to match that shown in console?

Do you have local nodes transmitting - may stay disconnected untl traffic happens - sometimes sticky - but usually once set to correct server the ~30sec status update should trigger ‘connected’…

Dragino server

changed this gateway name to old-vine-street in case that mattered - didn’t connect still

any other ideas?

You are still pointing at old TTNV2 server - change that to ‘eu1.cloud…’ per console - they need to match!

Note confusing I know but Gateway ID on Dragino page is actually the Gateway EUI so dont change that - its is different from Gateway ID on TTN console! :wink:

Note also I think the lat/long and email are the Dragino defauts you might want to update but not important as you override in the TTN Cnnsole → ‘Location’ - set as Publically viewable etc. so others in the community know it is there and also we can then see if live on the Map to check all ok…

1 Like

Dragino server 2

Is this where you mean?

Thanks

Yes and No!

Yes - well done

No - you’ll need to put this back to what it was

As Nick says put the

Back on the Dragino UI page :slight_smile:

It is now connected - thank you so so very much for your help - you have no clue how much I appreciate it! Wouldn’t let me send this yesterday - thanks again. Next if you can help I have a MerryIoT Motion Detection unit
MERRYIOT 1
MERRYIOT 2

unable to get it to communicate

Please start a new thread for this so we dont go off topic/polute the existing one

Trying to “re-claim” old indoor gateway

1 Like

I have another Dragino that won’t connect :frowning: can you possibly help please
Dragino 1
Dragino 2

How is it set in the TTN Console?..details details details! :wink:

What Gateway ID (NOT EUI) have you used in the TTN Console?

Probably a rinse and repeat of above process/exercise…

Looks like rather than ‘Vine Street’ This one was originally Linen Hall under TTN V2 ! :slight_smile:

https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/api/v2/gateways/a840411d9a584150

Dragino 3

Hiya
Thanks for your help - is this what you’re asking for?