Trying to "re-claim" old indoor gateway

Yep, that looks fine using old-vinestreet-3 for ID should work and looks like EUI match…

…do you have nodes transmitting nearby generating traffic?

Can you show LoRa/LoRaWAN settings on the GW, which packet forwarder and you using? Have you done a step by step, feature by feature comparison with the one that is now working? and also show API and General Settings for the TTN Console… details details details…please dont drip feed info otherwise this will take a long time… :wink:

Thanks so much - I’ve managed to get it working!

And the problem/solution was?.. please share so others may learn/benefit…community! :wink:

See also PM just sent…

I literally just deleted all the network settings and reset up again!

Ok, likely just repaired a typo - often done! :slight_smile:

Good afternoon,
I’m working in a university project and I have to link a Laird gateway to the LoRa network but, when we try to do it, this message happens:

{
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/identityserver:gateway_eui_taken (a gateway with EUI *********** is already registered (by you or someone else) as utility-gateway)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/identityserver”,
“name”: “gateway_eui_taken”,
“message_format”: “a gateway with EUI {gateway_eui} is already registered (by you or someone else) as {gateway_id}”,
“attributes”: {
“administrative_contact”: “trymjb”,
“gateway_eui”: “**************”,
“gateway_id”: “utility-gateway”
},
“correlation_id”: “91f0e2e9f7c54012a6a2b6c5baaf90cc”,
“code”: 6
}
]
}

We suppose that the previous student has not deleted the configuration of his experimental setup and he also seems untraceable. What can we do?
I just modify the EUI with the ‘*’ but we know that. Thank you in advance for the help.

GW EUI is in the public domain with any forwarded transmission so no need to hide and may help up identify/debug/suggest actions for resolution.

Guessing you may be in Norway?

Perhaps this is still linked to an account run by @trymjb if he/she still active on TTN/Forum

:thinking: hummm, think I recall a similar situation for a Norwegian GW changing hands a year or two (or was it three) back - does 2 instances make a pattern?!

Can you confirm if EUI is C0EE40FFFF2967D3?

(Was) Near NTNU/Elektro E, Gloshaugen, Trondheim?

Thank you for the fast reply.

As you said correctly we are in Norway, and the EUI is that one you said C0EE40FFFF2967D3. I suppose that it was registered in that building before, Elektro E. Could you help us?

Thank you again

1 Like

I have the same issue
a) my GW is already registered on TTN, but not associated with my account
b) try to “claim” it, not allowed - worse,
c) no idea what to do next!

1. how do I get my GW associated to my account?
  2. what details do I need to provide and
  3. to who?

Can anyone help?

Cheers

A TTIG or a TGW (aka TKGW)? (Both are Things Indoor GW’s) Whose account was it on? Do you (or your organisation) have access to the email address for the account, was it previously on TTNV2 or only ever TTNV3? What is GW EUI & or GW-ID… are you in a position to show ownership (not just physical posession) if needed by TTI core team…us Forum volunteers dont have direct access but may be able to guide you through…

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply Jeff.
It is an indoor TTN (non.TTIG) GW model TBMH100
It is my personal GW, I bought it and still possess it.
I added it on my console account and yes I have access to my account.
TTNV2 or TTNV3 no idea, it was added this year if that info helps.
GW EUI 58 A0 CB FF FE 80 3A 95
GW ID fr-1773
Show ownership, by which means? proof of purchase? Yes
Thanks again

Ps… The reason I have this situation is that I deleted the GW from my console by mistake. Hence, GW was bought, a GW ID fr-1773 created, GW EUI assigned to the GW ID, connected to TTN via WiFi, then accidentally deleted from TTN console. I then created a new GW ID 1773-val and unsuccessfully tried to register the GW against this new GW ID

@vigijay: Can you send me a photo of the back panel of the gateway (where the EUI is seen) via a private message?

If I can confirm that you physically own the gateway, I check what needs to be done to allow you to claim it.

1 Like

Actually it IS a TTIG :slight_smile: (Things Indoor GW
What error do you see when you try to register and claim again? The usual problem is re-use of the GW ID as typed into the TTN GW onsle page, but in this case you seem to have changed from fr-1773 to 1773-va, is that correct? When trying again have you double checked actual DEV EUI (GW EUI), which can be re-used, the GW ID is the one that cant be re-used. If added this year for the first time then there woudl be no V2 presence/history (sunset Dec’21) or auto V2-V3 nigration issues…hence my question.

Let us know what specific issue is seen on the console…

Ah @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 on the case whilst I was typing - he’s the man who will sort pronto :wink:

1 Like

Many thanks Jeff, I will respond to Krishna and see how far we get - let me know if you are ever in my neck of the woods, there is a beer waiting for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Just to satisfy curiosity, this is what happens when trying to claim the GW again - perhaps this will help others with the same issue.

[moderator] Pictures with ‘secrets’ deleted.

Suggests prior deletion hasn’t taken or some residue stuff in claim database…. Krishna is your man to get that sorted :slight_smile: drop that picture of back of device label to him on PM per his request and he can fix I’m sure….

already done :wink: thanks again!

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. My gateway stucks flashing green fast. After removing from the console I am now not be able to claim it again. Could you release it so that I can claim it again.

Gateway EUI58-A0-CB-FF-FE-80-53-DC

WiFi AP MAC58:A0:CB:80:53:DC

WiFi STA MAC98:CD:AC:17:31:5A

Serial NumberTBMH100868015360

MFG date2022-12-23 17:42:48

FW Build2020-05-07 16:03:53

FW Version2.0.4

Core Version2.0.4(minihub/debug)

No one here, all volunteers including the moderators, have access to the TTN backend systems.

You’ll have to post on #support on Slack - forum search will assist.

1 Like