TTIG and The Things Stack

Is there a way to configure the the-things-indoor-gateway into things stack. I’ve removed my gateway from TTN to recreate it on TTS without success. Any idea ?

Hopefully that is removed as in simply unplugged vs deleted? If you have deleted you will not be able to simple re-register in TTN at a later date as system will tell you EUI in use - hence warnings to not delete :wink:

The TTIG is a external managed device bye CUPS and TTN. On this moment it is connected to the TTN stack v2
You can’t use it to other deployment’s.
I hope that you nog def deleted on the TTN console, if you had luck you can reconnected again.

Soon after The Things Conference, we will host a TTI CUPS server to which all TTIGs will be migrated. After that you can configure your gateway to any server you want. So for now, TTIGs will remain on TTN v2.

3 Likes

Thanks for update and confirming

1 Like

I deleted … but he was used for test purpose no worry. After the conference, I will use TTI cups…
Many thanks.
Fred

1 Like

I should say give it a try again, and try to reconnect on the old way. You should see very quick if the ID still is in use.

Pro Tip: Since v2 is already connected to Packet Broker, traffic received by your TTIG will be forwarded via Packet Broker to TTN V3. This is already setup

• Simply migrate your device to v3 and leave the gateway as it is. Your devices will join via your TTIG which is connected to V2 (through Packet Broker).

You can use that flow until we have the TTI CUPS ready for you.

Does this include the Browan Minihubs not labelled as TTIG but linked to TTN Stack v2 or is this a task the distributors must do?

Yes this is included.

1 Like

Was a bit quick late last night and deleteing my TTIG on v2 and tried to add it to v3 - whiteout success. Yes I saw the warning, but just thought “… not going to connect it to v2 again anyway …”. Is there any possibility the get it back on to v2? Or v3 at a later state? Generate a random EUI?

Is there any possibility the get it back on to v2

Unfortunately not.

Or v3 at a later state? Generate a random EUI?

A production gateway EUI is fixed.

I can work some magic for you. Write me a direct message.

1 Like