TTIG "not connected"

I have the same issue. How to approach it? Is there anything I can do or do I need to wait for some fix on the network side?

Same here!

Got my brand new TTIG a couple hours ago, but the gateway can’t connect :frowning: .

WiFi credentials are correct (green solid led), I also double checked a couple times the gateway ID in the TTN gateway console: eui-58a0cbfffe801e7b. I’m pretty sure I have no typo.

I see your gateway connected to the TTN network

You can see that on "http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/“gateway-ID”

Maybee time, but your gate way is online.
Johan

The message where you got the ID from was 27 days old. So it seems to be fixed.

I tried my ID:

http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eui-58a0cbfffe802080 and get:
{“error”:“status not found”,“message”:“status not found”,“code”:5}

Same result for the ID @keiltronic has posted.

Does it just take a few days? But if so this fact should be documented somewhere.

Thanks Johan for checking it. Yes it’s online now. I don’t know since when and how but it doesn’t come from me since I was on holidays…

Hi,
I am unable to register my gateway, I’m having error 'could not register gateway a gateway with EUI58a0cbfffe801734 already exists.

Here is my post asking for help, with screen shots…

I think I deleted it when the gateway wasn’t showing online. Does my gateway need to be re-registered to my account?? Any help would be appreciated

Today I installed my first TTIG but I get a “not connected” status when I look at the console. I have checked the Getaway_ID several times and can not find a mistake. However, the green light on the TTIG is constantly on, so it shows it is connected, but not in the console? The ID is eui-58a0cbfffe801c1a, when I try http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eui-58a0cbfffe801c1a I get:
{“error”:“status not found”,“message”:“status not found”,“code”:5}

Can anybody help? Thank you very much in advance!

Hello Nobyte,

If the led is solid green it should be connected to Wifi and the back end.
At my first installed TTIG copy paste also some wrong info from the key.
Maybe check it once with the label and what you get ad the setup screen off your TTIG just before you say save to the Wifi setup.
See this part off the manual : https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsindoor/#connection-to-the-the-things-network-backend
Yes, I none what you think (again) but check it once and make a copy off it, if everything is good then maybe somebody from TTN can look deeper in it.
You should connect them at their Slack channel #ops they monitoring the environment and the forum.
this is for all above message for not connected TTIG, first check every step again, make screen shoot’s off the screens so you have the right info.
For me it was that i copied a “space” to much in the gateway id :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your awnser and the hints.
I have taken a photo of the TTIG label and a screenshot of the console:
TTIG1_LI
TTIG2

The Status in the console is still “not connected” this is so frustrating. However I tried to contact #ops at Slacks, Maybe someone from TTN can help. Thank you for your hints!

Nobyte,

please also once check the page in the setup mode if you push your Wifi setting to it.

The TTIG is auto config from a server somewhere on the internet. And will use the hard programmed Gateway EUI (ID). check this with what you have on your label.
Is everything the same please again seacht contact with (i) the Slack channel #ops

I just wanted to check my data again based on the questions above. But now my gateway is shown as connected. Whatever has been done, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thank you! I have already checkt also the ID on the WiFi Setup page, but I will do this once more as soon as I’m back home. Thank you for your help.

My TTIG is now connected! I posted my problem at Slacks and Krishna solved it. Don’t know how, but I’m happy, now I can continue and try to start my first node. Thanks

1 Like

I startet today an TTIG.
I didn’t use the Legacy Packet Option At the beginning.
Ist This the Problem why the Gateway is in the Status: not connected?
Thank you For helping to connect my First Gateway
grafik

You do need to check legacy pf option as one of the functions/characteristics of the Basic Station to TTN V2 glue/translation code is to deliver into the TTN back end as if it is indeed legacy… so no option for e.g. useable ID names only a (mac derived) ID, UDP vs TCP/IP protocol etc… hopefully V3 will eventually handle BSC native (one day when the planets align, world peace is upon us, every one has food/water, etc.) vbcg :grinning:

Thank you for your answer.
Where can I activate the option afterwards?

:thinking: Not sure you can… perhaps @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 can help as suspect will need to delete and re-install unless he can amend back end db directly…dont do yourself as you will loose GW and cant then re-instate/reuse GW ID without support…!

Perhaps make new user and transfer getaway to new users and back. I saw this option but I don’t know if that is working. I am also interested if that would be a way.

As the current setup does not seem right, I’d first try to add it again, very precisely following the manual (and leave the current gateway untouched in TTN Console).

1 Like

Hallo Jeff-UK,
ich wrote KrishnaIyerEaswaran2, but he did not answer. Do you know anyone else that i could ask for support? Thank you very much for your support