TTIG "not connected"

There is no ‘official service contact’ but issues and incidents can be reported on the #ops channel on slack which is monitored by people from The Things Industries.
Neither is the forum an official support channel but other users will usually try to provide assistance.

On ‘The Things Network Status Page’ you can see an overview of the status of The Things Network services and any possible known issues (this page is better updated lately).

See the following topic for more information: The Things Network Status Page [HowTo]

For issues with the device itself you should contact the (re)seller (at least in the EU, which I assume your location is). For issues with the network use the information bluejedi suppied.

Hello and sorry to bother the community with this [word moderated] topic,

but I had some words to the TTI Gateway responsibles:
a) Is it really necessary to bother Krishnan per mail or other way to fix a silly problem for each gateway who is not working?
b) Informations about the slack channel are not usable, you run to the login page and you find no help there or a way further
c) No information about an official support for a device you bought is bad for the popularity acceptance, not everybody will be playing hours and search forums to build up a test and sample application.

This is a really annoying situation for everybody who run in this problem with a non connecting deivce and spending hours of investigation to end up in an non professional situation in the digital nowhere.

I started two weeks ago very enthusiastic with an “one channel ESP32 lora gateway” which was good to play around and after getting the “professional TTN indoor GW” loosing all of my good impression about this idea. Was joining the onfernce this week and tought yeah, this would be a great thing and then the network is struggling at some silly things like connecting a GW? This can not be true :frowning:
Just my two cents.

By the way, will anybody have my not connecting TTN ID GW?

regards
Dominic

1 Like

May-be you need to keep in mind plenty of people do not have issues getting their TTIG connected? So it is not all bad. However the durrent situation when things don’t work is far from ideal.

Regarding slack, there have been at least half a dozen messages on this forum over the last year on how to get access. If you take a couple of minutes and use search you will find them.

After struggeling around the TTN Website I found the possibility to reach the slack channel, it was not as mentioned in other threads in the user configuration, it was hidden over “Support”=>“Documentation”=>Community=>Slack, very easy to find :frowning:
I added my issue now to the support channel, will be interesting how it will work further.
Overall, not a good experience.

The instructions on this forum tell you to go to the account login, log in and use the link on that page (bottom right in below screenshot). That link will no longer be available after creating an account.

Thanks for the hint. I will give it a try.

I totally agree

#metoo
eui-58a0cbfffe801157

Similar issue here. TTIG was working for months on end - two days ago it just went offline. power cycled, came up for 10 minutes, went offline. I reset, repaired with wifi, came up for awhile and then went offline.

Solid green light…

Other TTIG’s that we have seem to be working okay (so far)

Similar Issue here, I have 2 TTIG but I have the same problem only in one

Chances are good, that some of the issues discussed here are related to https://github.com/TheThingsNetwork/lorawan-stack/issues/1730.

This is at least true for the troubles i am facing since January 29, 2020.

TTIGs will become stale when their TCP connection to their TTN-router terminates abruptly without sending a TCP-FIN PDU. If this is the case a TTIG can only stable reconnect after a timeout of 600 seconds.

So “short” power-cycles and ISP reconnects may cause problems. For me it helped, at least for power-cycles, to wait for more than 10 minutes before re-plugging the TTIG into the power socket.

2 Likes

I installed to TTIG gateways eui-58a0cbfffe801e7d, eui-58a0cbfffe801e72. They worked fine. Today, The TTN console shows “not connected”. On the gateway light is solid green. I tried with different WLAN connection also, but no success. The gateway gets connected when I restart but after that no messages received.
Today, I installed a new gateway eui-58a0cbfffe801cf4. It has been working fine so far. May be it will fail in some time.

I suspect TTN console having another of its periodic outages with GW’s not all showing connected. 4 out of 5 TTIGs showing not connected - 2 remote sites, 2 local, along with a couple of my Laird and one of the RAK/RPi builds all offline. Suspect common factor is all using Semtech legacy PF or in case of TTIG’s coming in as legacy/UDP via basic station bridge. Perhaps a member of TTN core team can go kick server again?! :slight_smile: @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 ?

…are you seeing traffic being routed to apps ok even if shown as offline?

Update: Suspect a wide spread problem as we seem to be missing some 2k5 GW’s of main map! :wink:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m seeing this evening.
Luckily my dev nodes can also be heard by some gateway a few km away while still having them connected to my PC on my desk.

New to TTN. Tested a few things yesterday evening, everything seemed to be connecting fine. Plugged off the gateway. Replugged this morning, no way to connect.

One day outage…? That’s got me worried.

Posting that on the Slack ops channel will be more effective than posting it on the forum. :neutral_face:

I know but not often on slack - esp when remote from office…hence adding named contact so they may see via messgae from Forum mail notification :wink: Anyhow it (kicking server) seemed to work with GW’s starting re-appearing a few hrs later…

All Morning the gateways are down @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2

eui-58a0cbfffe8012ca
eui-58a0cbfffe80133f

I turn off 10 minutes and then turn on, everything works again