New gateway: The Things Indoor Gateway

“me too”.

uhh… confirmed

45%20PM

same for me

Registered gateways worldwide: 24317
currently active are: 6823, currently offline are: 17494 ?

update - one day later :
Registered gateways worldwide: 24467 (+150 !??)
Currently active are: 7198, currently offline are: 17269

1 Like

17494 down… ugh… massive downtime during holiday season…

According to this thread 8K 'Live' TTN GW's :-) there are approximately 8000 active gateways under normal circumstances.

My interpretation of the statistics is that gateways get registered by people and then for various reasons are no longer used but remain as registered gataways in the database. So 17494 might be ‘offline’ but many of those could have been in that state for many months and not as a result of a recent incident.

1 Like

My Gateway doesn’t work anymore either…
any solution peoples?

Received my TTIG monday. Setup OK : solid green and seen as connected in the console.

Since yesterday : quick green blinking and not connected. Factory reset and reconfiguration : no change.

Waiting for a 3.3V UART USB cable to provide more detailed information…

38%20AM

TTI is working hard to solve this… watch your GW’s / status page :sunglasses:

1 Like

We’re currently looking for new gateways, and we’ve had our eyes on two (The Things) gateways:

The Things Indoor Gateway

https://connectedthings.store/gb/lorawan-gateways/the-things-indoor-gateway-868-mhz.html

The Things Outdoor Gateway

https://connectedthings.store/gb/lorawan-gateways/the-things-outdoor-gateway-868-mhz.html

We’re in doubt whether this is compatible with other network backends such as LoRa server. Or will this gateway only work for The Things Network? Perhaps the firmware is configurable?

A week ago I received 3 TTIG’s, two came online easily.

The third was harder. I don’t know if it’s related, but my wifi-pass contains spaces, and after I switched to a ssid without spaces in the pass, it came online immediately.

Now yesterday all the lost thier connection around the same time. They keep communitation (and getting response from the cloud), but as other writes they show up as not connected.

Is there any status on when our TTIG’s will be back online?

/Henning

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Things Outdoor Gateway - TTOG part 1

Anyone got their gateway back online? Mine seems to stay down even if the status pages says “All systems are operational”?
Funny thing it states that it was online two hours ago :frowning:

2 Likes

TTIG in Berlin is online again. And a lot of new TTIGs also… as an effect of debugging i suppose

Noticed this yesterday. Today I looked at the RSSI history for my nodes and I see there’s strange behaviour in the metadata (gateway field) seems to be altered a couple of times. Normally I see the DevEUI address as below (Note the time seems to be broken despite device being “up”):

{
  "gtw_id": "eui-58A0CBFFFEXXXXXX",
  "timestamp": 15006171,
  "time": "1970-01-01T00:00:01.565341333Z",
  "channel": 0,
  "rssi": -63,
  "snr": 9.25
}

]

But look back here earlier today: colons, router names, all caps for a while… but only for devices via the TTIG device. All very strange:

Capture

04%20PM

everything seems back to normal now … thanks team !

Would be good to know why/root cause and what was done to fix/prevent future issues (other than turn it off, turn it on again! :smile: ) - to build confidence… :thinking:

Understand Basic Station -> V2 bridging a bit flakey but basic UDP traffic handling?..

1 Like

And again: offline for 40 Minutes now :frowning:

-> Online again, but when I look into the console don’t see any JoinRequest or JoinAccept messages :frowning:
Something seems to be wrong currently :confused:

for now it seems online again here…

A post was merged into an existing topic: TTIG Problems, - no location data, wrong date/time, wrong channel and stability issues