TTN GATEWAY central 3

Always good to see people adding GW’s :slight_smile:

Many of the questions you ask or likely may ask are well taken care of both on the Forum, The TTN/TTI pages and on the net (GIYF!), please use appropriate search and by all means check back on the forum and ask for anything less obvious and I’m sure community members & forumites will step in to assist where needed.

Suggest you start to look at TTN Doc’s, Labs and Market place e.g. https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/marketplace/products/devices

TTGW is available through Farnell (or your local Geography equivalent), The TTIG throough RS Components (or you local geography equivalent within the Electrocompnents group)

Happy searching and good luck with your deployment…come back and tell us all when your are ‘live’! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello community,
I’m trying to get my TTN gateway to communicate with the Semtech Network Server in order to use the LoRa Cloud™ Device & Application Services, but I couldn’t understand how to do it and if it is actually possible.
By reading this documentation, it seems that the Semtech Network Server supports gateways either running an operating system with the LoRa Basics™ Station software or the Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder.
Can anyone help me understanding if this is doable and how to properly configure this gateway for this purpose?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, we only do TTN based stuff here, regardless of whether the hardware was from TTI.

I see, I’m sorry about this.
Can you please help me in understanding if this gateway is either compatible with LoRa Basics™ Station software or the Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder?
my apologies if I’m missing something or I’m using the wrong nomenclature.
Thanks

Hi, I have TTN-gw-868, I had it connected to the ttn few years ago, I wanted to connect it again, unfortunately all the instructions seem to be out of date. how to do it, do I need to update something, where can I find some materials?

And did you see the big pink banner at the top of the V2 docs page with link to V3 docs?! :wink: Either way please follow this
https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/gateways/models/thethingskickstartergateway/

Note for the TGW/TKGW you dont need an EUI as device self identifies to the TTS back end undee V3

Add/register GW link (note depending on where in the world your console view may change) - this is the eu1.cloud… probably right given 868Mhz version? you may need e.g. nam1.cloud… as1.cloud… or what ever

Sorry, I didn’t see :pensive:
Now I updated the firmware from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9.
Connect to my wifi but I can’t write ID, this field is disabled :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Ok, I reset the settings and it works. Only one thing bothers me, after inserting a memory card with new software as in the description gateway/firmware at develop · TheThingsProducts/gateway · GitHub, I get info of version 1.0.9 on the UART console when I remove the card after a reset, I have 1.0.7 again on the console, how does it work?

I believe that once you update via the card the card has to stay in as it is then booting from and using that IIRC. Again IIRC I think there was a post a year or two back that suggested that though ‘requirement’ is for 1.0.8 or above it was suggested that 1.0.7 ‘should’ still work, and indeed if if did then when system checks for updates it woudl migrate to 1.0.8, 1.0.9 or whatever was then current, using internal memory vs card. Might be worth simply trying to install and run as registered with 1.0.7, leaving the check for and permit software updates option checked and see if over time (probably quite quickly) it then takes the updates… One issue with uSD cards is life expectancy and any issues around lack of graceful power downs (as happens with RPi’s) so good to try and avoid if poss but if its the only way then I guess you need to stick with the card…

1 Like

Just thought I would update this old thread to highlight/record that the last unit of TTGW (TTKGW) finally sold out at Farnell over last 24/48 hrs. They had about a dozen left a year ago and sold odd ones every few months! They dropped price to £206 + VAT (from 268 + VAT = £321) last weekend to clear last 2 units in stock :wink:
https://uk.farnell.com/the-things-network/ttn-gw-868/the-things-gateway-eu/dp/2675813

A few TT Nodes still left but almost gone.
https://uk.farnell.com/w/search/prl/results?brand=the-things-network

…if anyone still looking for TTGW for new deployments or as replacements (& nodes & TT UNO’s) there are a few still available through ebay (search), I know my good friend Ox has a few new EU868 units in stock as a back-up.

I’ve got one of the original gateways from the Kickstarter many years ago and is still set up for the old system. Is there anything I need to do to get it up and running again?

Yes, all instructions are available in the forum and in the documentation and in the thread above your post.