TTN GATEWAY central

Hi Reinier,

I have the 868 MHz version. I did check the antenna connection before, and incidentally did so again today. I can’t find anything obviously wrong with it. I can certainly tell the difference with/without the antenna connected.

The LoRa board is fitted under a bit of stress in the 1636D4 socket. The plastic pins connecting it to the mainboard pull it down, bending the board it seems. I was planning to reseat the board, but noticed that it involves removing the antenna connector first as it is in the way when taking out the LoRa board. That and the fact that the board seems to be fitted a bit awkwardly made me think twice, so I got a cup of coffee instead :wink:

Initially when the gateway wouldn’t connect to TTN it was sufficient to push and wiggle the board a bit to get it going.

In the meantime I have swapped the stock antenna for a GP 868 antenna and yesterday I did a more elaborate mapping of the signal. The range is limited to just over 550 m at SF7 in all directions, a marginal improvement over stock (edit: measured indoor in the attic, behind a typical Dutch roof with hardboard and rooftiles).

Let me know if I can assist in troubleshooting this further, thanks in advance,

Regards, Anne

I get that message. Is there a fix?

Today I received a new second ThingsNetwork gateway. Works without any troubles!
I asume there is something wrong with the hardware by the rebooting gateways (like my first one)Gateway2_is_OK
Connected only by lan. I will check what is other…later.

Uptime: >2000 :slight_smile:

The same firmware but there is a difference by type. My malfunction Gateway 1636D4, the new, good one 1708D4! see picture.31

Gateway2_is_OK_WiFi

The second gateway 1636D4 works also by WiFi only. Data from nodes ok, and connected!

sorry, 1708D4 is ok the new device…not the old1634D4

Remove the white cover to see the board number (pull slightly upwards at one corner of the white cover to remove it). SerNo. If there is number 1634D4 I asume it will never work.

1 Like

That’s quite a bold statement, especially as you’re the first to mention that version, and as people see improvements just by installing different firmware? (For me, 1635D4 which is okay for some, was in a reboot loop until I installed different firmware.)

You’re right. In the meantime I had contact to a second owner with a 1708D4 - the same problem. There are many people, that loose many time with such malfunction gateways. I tryed different ways (software, hardware, connection lora-board, wlan, lan, software…also the second guy), nothing worked. Thats not the idea…

Hope anybody find a way to fix this complex error. :smile:

How ever, I have a gateway that works 1708D4 and one thats never worked 1634D4… a timing problem is possible. The bad gateway never register, LED 1, LED 2, Led 3… reboot… the other good one LED 1, LED 2, LED 3, LED 4 connected within less than 1 minute.

Feedback from thethingsNetwork team:

Glad to hear you got the gateway and it is working. Been noticing the activity on this issue -https://github.com/TheThingsProducts/gateway/issues/18. Samuel too is facing the same issue. I am in touch with him and going to discuss about this tomorrow with the tech team.

We should be releasing the updates on how to fix this soon. :ok_hand:

Yeah, I have the same faulty behavior with my 1708D4, I got today
Best regards Samuel

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: TTN GATEWAY central 2

we continue in TTN GATEWAY central 2