TTN GATEWAY central

@arjanvanb I’ve managed to do an update but I’ still having the reboot issue :sob: the info page shows

Version Info
Hardware: v1
Bootloader: r1-7167873a (2017-06-02T13:48:18Z)
Firmware: v0.0.0-00000000 (2106-02-06T06:28:16Z)

Network
Uptime: 24
Connected: true
Interface: WIFI
Wifi SSID: &&&

Configuration
Activation locked: true
Config correct: true
Region: EU_863_870
Gateway Card: ND

Packet forwarding
Broker connection: false
Packets up: 0
Packets down: 0

Miscellaneous
External storage:

Not sure but think with all my boot issues the gateway card is one that was DOA or has a dry joint or something? @htdvisser what’s the procedure for getting hardware DOA exchange/diagnosed ?

Is there another back-end traffic problem like last week? TTN EU Status page say ok but seeing Laird GW just fine (last seen 1 minute - and showing packets received in console with no misses. TTN GW (via MqTT broker?) shows last seen >2hr ago - should be seeing same packets as the laird as co-lo. Just looked at device and see 4 solid blue leds and can see it generating traffic on own enet port and through local switch. Internet connection is on same dsl hub as the laird so we know Inet is connected ok…

…anyone else seeing issues?

TTN GW now playing data into console again after an ~2.5hr gap…looks ok now!

It has been 14 days without an update regarding the status of the bug fixing, it would be nice to get a status where we are …

5 Likes

So my TTN gateway keeps losing the connection to the backend, usually after a day or two…

console.thetingsnetwork.org shows “last seen 10 hours ago” and it’s not relaying messages anymore… but when I open the webinterface of the gateway using the local IP address of the device, it shows the settings page with gateway-id, wifi access point dropdown list etc…

when I power cycle, everything is back to normal… a few days later, the story starts repeating itself.

gateway is connected using WLAN.

any ideas?

same here, issue has started to appear a couple of days ago. When I hard-reboot my TTN gateway it works again. My gateway is connected on wired ethernet.

Seems to occur more (see #ops slack channel)
Is there a way to remotely reboot the gateway over the network ?

Rudi

it’s funny that my second TTN gateway never had a single disconnect.

Update: Nevermind, second GW is now disconnected as well. #LOVE_TTN

I can confirm the same thing. My gateway has also the 1636D4 socket, which malfunctions.

After reboot just now, the situation seems to happen (not seen) within 2 minutes.

My gateway is forwarding (uplink) packets, and shows connected to broker but the packets seem to end up at /dev/null I think, as my test client cannot connect and do otaa.

Weird… Nothing has changed in my setup… Something strange in the backend ?

Rudi

Hi All
Not sure how I can start my own topic on here, so asking this here.
Trying to activate my TTN-001-915 Gateway following the simple instruction.
Tried doing this on a Windows 10 machine connected via ethernet to my WiFi modem router and obviously this isn’t going to be easy, it would not detect the gateway as I don’t know ow to connect and log into it using Windows 10 in this way.
Ok, so I use my phone and connect the Wifi Gateway using the provided password, no problem, try the activate again (using a new device name because it won’t let me use the old one I have used before but haven’t setup!) and it still won’t connect. The LED’s are correct and flashing.
What’s up?
What am I doing stupid?
This is supposed to be an easy 5min setup, and yes I’m making video about doing this, and it’s not a great start.
Thanks
Dave
EEVblog

1 Like

Ok I finally got it working on my Microsoft Surface via Wifi connection, but it fails to “checkin”, even though if I log in I can see my gateway is connected and I can map it etc.
What’s going on?
Thanks.

Hi Dave,
Some questions from my side:

• What connection are you using? Wired or Wireless?
  • Can you tell what indication you see on the LEDs? what is the sequence of the leds?

What I can see is that your gateway is administrated (http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eevblog4) but has not send any data to the network:

btw: This is public information. I am no employee of TTN but community member.

@EEVblog Dave, the problem must be the flipped sign bit on the latitude/longitude :joy:

Not if he’s S.E side of Australia around Sydney area :wink: …quite :slight_smile:

SECURITY - how do you stop the gateway from being a hotspot or changing the default password. Is this password used elsewhere?

2 Likes

Great video! Your gateway is up now!

“Don’t turn it on, take it apart!”

Is the the RN2903 in the UNO firmware updated for Australia channelisation as per LoRaWAN1.01 specification?

I assume by the video the TTN GW can be set for Australia channelisation.

Hi Abaretta, I am looking into rootcausing a similar issue. Are you using the 915 of 868 MHz TTN gateway version?

You mentioned having range problems elsewhere in the forum. Could it be that after reseating the LoRa board, that your antenna connector has come loose?