TTN gateway does not connect - get periodic "update gateway" message

Hi everyone, I am having trouble connecting the gateway.

Last week I was able to migrate our gateway to V3 but yesterday the light on the gateway was rapidly blinking and appears to be disconnected from TTN

Closing as duplicate post.

Edit: Reopened post as OP deleted other posts.

The “update gateway” events come from the Identity Server (in the eu1 cluster). Other gateway events should come from routing clusters. If your routing cluster isn’t eu1, it’s possible that you’ve opened the console of the wrong cluster, or that your gateway is trying to connect to the wrong cluster.

1 Like

It would be useful to know what the colour of the flashing LED is and it’s periodicity as that will tell us if the unit is on WiFi and if it is, where it has got stuck with connecting to the various backends.

Thank you everyone!

It seems that deleting and re-claiming the gateway helped (for now)

1 Like

This is what I was getting for LED:

GREEN Blinking (freq 1/4 sec) GW Connected to WiFi, establishing connection to LNS/configuring radio

Is there any chance you registered on the first time?

My TTIGs, once registered, are all stable.

Is there any chance you registered on the first time?
My TTIGs, once registered, are all stable.

1. TTN gateway was registered on V2
  2. Last week I moved it on V3 (essentially claiming it)
  3. After working fine for several days it started acting up
  4. Today I repeated step 2 after deleting the gateway and it works

I am going to monitor and post update here.

Let me know if there is any additional information you would like to see

“essentially claiming it” isn’t very definitive - I’m not being picky, it’s the computers that do binary, so you either register or claim, if you registered it, that’s not claiming it.

This only matters if you have more to do. If it’s your only TTIG, then crack on with life. If not, perhaps best document any further migrations so #3 goes to plan after #2 is the voyage of re-discovery.

Update: the gateway is operational. No new problems so far