TTN MATARO (Barcelona)

Users around the world have begun to build a data network to connect things to the Internet.
With a radio technology, LoRaWAN, it can cover up to 10 km per antenna and is characterized by low power and data consumption. It is excellent to connect our sensors and actuators and start building the “smart city” collectively, openly and freely.

In 2015, with the help of Wouter Tebbens from TTN Barcelona, ​​we started to know the movement, TTN, now, with some members of Mataró SenseFils (www.matarosensefils.net), local section of the Guifi.net Foundation, we have started the open and free IoT network in the our city, Mataró, capital of the Maresme region.

You are welcome to participate!
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/mataro/

HLN (Health, Love and Network) or maybe “SAX (Salut, amor i xarxa)”

1 Like

Hello, I’m also in Mataro and am running a gateway here, up in Urb. Santa Maria de Cireres. Currently the gateway is a Dragino LPS8 and is running indoors, but I plan to put an antenna up on the roof.

Not sure I’ll be able to add a huge amount of coverage as my location is about 260metres up, but still in a valley.

IMG_1781

I finally got around to mounting an antenna up on the roof! I’m already seeing increased traffic, so hopefully I’m now able to provide much better coverage for the Mataro area - due to my location, I think I’ll mainly be covering the area to the north-east of Mataro centre. Hopefully with some coverage out towards Sant Andreu de Llavaneres too.

I’ll do some mapping with TTNMapper when possible (accounting for COVID restrictions etc), but hopefully this will help make LoraWan more useful in Mataro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. What antenna are you using ?

It’s the Interline HORIZON 868 - 8V1: antennas and accessories | for wireless networks

I was able to purchase it locally, delivery in 2 to 3 days, seems very well made so I’m hopeful it’ll last well up there on the roof!

http://www.ciudadwireless.com/interline_ih-g08-f8688-v_horizon_0-86»0-88ghz_omnidirectional_antenna-_polarization-_vertical-gain-_8dbi-_connector--p-8712.html

I have an outdoor antenna, but when I can install, the wheather isn’t good. I think in a few days I’ll install.
I tell you about.

Thanks!

1 Like

Great stuff, the external antenna has made a big difference these are the results I’ve seen so far using TTNMapper: TTN Mapper