Unable to Add end-device

This might be a side-effect of the upgrade to v3.22 or I am missing something.

Unable to Register a new device to the TTN Console (Enter end device specifics manually option)
After entering the JoinEUI, DevEUI etc, clicking the ‘Register end device’ button on the bottom has no effect, the screen just stays as is and does not move to the next step.

Even tried deleting one existing device from our device list and adding it afresh, but that too does not work.

Tried OTAA and ABP options as well, but they don’t seem to be working at all.

Is anyone else facing this issue? Any tips on how one might resolve this? Thanks!

Just add a new device, they updated the form but works.

Force reload the console page - it’s like a more aggressive version of refresh/reload - depending on browser / OS you use shift or option or ctrl or alt - most browsers show a change of name in the menu when you have the modifier key held down so you know it’s going to do it.

This is not the well worn trope of clearing your cache which will do for everything, but an occasional tidy up like that doesn’t hurt if you are on a fast connection, not so great if you are out & about on slower mobile internet.

Tried that. Still not working. Strange! Let me try file upload.

Just to clarify, the page seems to show the latest version:

The page is made up of many individual components that are retrieved from the server - if your browser thinks that one or more of them is up to date, it won’t fetch it, so you can end up with components from different revisions being used by your browser with consequent issues.

The acid test is to load up a different browser that has no cache and try that. For instance, I use Safari for general use, Chrome for sys-admin - websitery, TTS console(s), etc etc and keep FireFox in reserve for clean “no-cache” testing.

Or clear the cache on your primary browser.

Both EU1 & AU1 consoles allow me to add a device, I know that’s an irritating “works for me” phrase, but I have sanity checked it.

Thanks @descartes for checking it out on your console. This is pretty frustrating: not being able to figure out what’s causing this.

I have now tried adding device (manual option) on:
a. Edge, force refresh and incognito
b. Chrome
c. Opera browser (first time use)

I can confirm that this is NOT working on these browsers for AU region for me, (have not tested any other region yet)

However, interestingly, I tried adding a device using csv file upload and that worked flawlessly! :slight_smile:

So, I have a means to achieve the end-result for now but can confirm that the UI way isn’t working after the upgrade.

It’s probably some cached js file someplace, but it does not look like a cache issue at on the browser-side.

Or just a good old fashioned “Varroa destructor” although technically that’s a mite not a bug.

I’ll sound the Conch of Doom …

:grinning: possibly! The tinkerbees say thanks for the alarm raised :slight_smile: :+1:

Castle Grayskull have responded - a hot fix is in hand for an issue with EUI generation and factory preset frequencies - to be deployed at some point tomorrow.

For what it’s worth this is affecting me as well. I enter all information into the form to manually add a new device (manual EUI and automatic AppKey generation) and the click “Register end device” Device and nothing happens. I’ve tried Safari and Chrome and 2 computers. No error message, nothing happens.

And again, no indication of having read the message above or the other related topics here - the forum relies on some level of co-operation and effort, not just blindly posting issues with no prior research or even reading the topic that you’re posting in, particularly when the resolution is explained in the post above.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.