Unable to register gateway deleted just a few moments prior

Not the same issue but don’t know where else to go. I created a gateway (multitech [MTCAP-L4E1-868-041) in my TTN account but it did not connect for some reason. The message in the live data kept on saying ‘creating’ and nothing happened after 10 minutes so I decided to delete the gateway from my list of gateways and register it again with the same EUI. Now I get the message ‘Submit failed, Already exists’

What can I do to register my gateway again? Can somebody advise me…

Is the Gateway ID same in both instances? If so try registering again with a revised GW ID (Forum search). If that doesnt work you will need TTI Core to purge DB potentially…

yes, I’m using the same EUI or Lora node ID of the gateway to register it again but I have given it a different name. I still got the error message that it exists already. I think somebody from TTI Core should indeed purge it…

the Gateway ID that should be purged is: eui-008000000002298a

It says far more than that - please post the full error message and then use it to find the other ~100 posts on the same topic!

and

gives you the answer!

De-hijacking this thread …

sorry, I’m new and trying to find my way around.
The full error message is:

{
  "code": 6,
  "message": "error:pkg/identityserver/store:id_taken (ID already taken, choose a different one and try again)",
  "details": [
    {
      "@type": "type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails",
      "namespace": "pkg/identityserver/store",
      "name": "id_taken",
      "message_format": "ID already taken, choose a different one and try again",
      "correlation_id": "0dc8121c373e4361b21d1589d9c0aea5",
      "cause": {
        "namespace": "pkg/identityserver/bunstore",
        "name": "already_exists",
        "message_format": "already exists",
        "correlation_id": "976e953e6a68489ebfa03797918c078f",
        "code": 6
      },
      "code": 6

That says it all. Just like numerous messages on the forum hand you the solution if you bother to search for the error.

Why oh why did you add to the irrelevant topic when I moved you to your own topic that was more relevant and then start a new one??

New to error messages???

Please format logs & debug messages using the </> tool

Hello.
How are you?
I faced same problem.
I just created gateway with EUI. Because gateway did not connect into TTN server, I deleted gateway.
After that, I tried, but creating failed with same EUI
Can you help me?

This comes up every week or so - what does forum search tell you about re-registering a deleted GW or one that appears to already have a used GW-ID?

And what does it tell you further up this very thread??? please read before posting and repeating what has already been covered :wink:

I am new in TTN.
Can you tell me how to register again?
Thank you.

Register again and choose a different GW-ID per post 4 above your! System will ‘offer’ a defaut based on GW EUI but you can over write this. GW EUI =/= GW ID, GW EUI can be re-used, GW-ID cannot once deleted its gone and you have to try an alterate ID…

Forum search (top right of every thread) is your friend - if new to LoRaWAN/TTN use it wisely and often :slight_smile:

thank you