Which are your favorte 868MHz antennas for a LoRa gateway

Hi TTN-fellows,

I know that there are several topics on the internet but I still have not come across a satisfying conclusion what antenna to use for a gateway, due to EU regulations for the ISM band, the antenna should habe a maximum of 2dBi when transmitting. In that case, I think the DeLock with a VSWR ratio of 2.5 might be ok:

However, if I turn off the transmitting function of the Gateway, I think that there are better options to increase the range such as this antenne:
https://www.ime.de/shop/Antennen-LTE-WLAN-LoRa/Panorama-B6SE-868-03NJ-Feststationsantenne-LoRa-LPWAN-868Mhz-6dBi-0-3m-N-f-Buchse::219586.html

With a VSWR ratio of around 1.5 for 868MHz but a gain of 6dBi.

What do you think about those two antennas and can you confirm that it’s allowed to receive LoRa signals with a 6dBi antenna in the EU (Germany in my case)? From what I read, for receiving it is ok.

Thank you!

how ? then its no longer LoRaWAN.
What are you trying to achieve anyway ??

ah now I understand this was your previous question :upside_down_face:

There are no limits for a receiving antenna, but how is it possible for the TTN server to not transmitt, surely its no longer a TTN server ?

As for the particular antenna you linked to, at such a high gain its unlilkely anyone has experience of using it.

Alrighty, then I probably just stay with the DeLock-antenna, it should be a solid brand and confirms with the eu regulations for uplink/downlink. I am happy about more suggestions on antennas :).

1 Like