WIFI LoRa 32(V2)

Hello,

I try to use a long range lora network in my area, i have buy a Wifi lora v2 board from heltec (868) but when i try to use the “OTAA_OLED” example i get only “joining” on the screen.

Does this meen ther is a problem with the LORA chip on the board or ther is no lora gateway in range?

Christophe
(new to lora and ttn)

You need to supply us with more information like your location, have you checked ttnmapper.org to see if there are gateways which might cover your location?
Did you read the messages in the ESP32 thread?

BTW, being new does not mean we do your homework :smile:

Thanks for your reply,

i’m from Ravels, it seems i’m covered if i check the ttnmapper. i can not see witch, many gateway’s in the center of the radar.

i have read and folow the information about ’ Try to get the ttn-abp.ino example working first.’, in the console i get the message that it is been send but on ttn the device is never seen.

In wat format do the 3 variabels need to be?

The required format depends on your code and library. Most examples explicitly state the required format in comments near the keys and address.

If you click on “<>” in front of a value it will be displayed in a different format (which will be listed so you know which format is being shown)

Sorry but i can not get it working, this is what i have now. But the device is never seen. (i will reset thet key’s after a working session).

According to this tutorial the keys should be MSB. Are you using MSB format?

Hello,
I used this tutorial with two ESP32 LoRa Boards from Heltec.
Thank you, Tore

Hello,
don’t forget to “#define CFG_eu868 1” in lmic.h if you are based in Europe.
Thank you, Tore

Just managed to get mine working.

If it appears to compile and run but you still get an error when opening a port with some compile line. Check out the board that you used: “Heltec WiFi LoRa32(V2)” and not some other board.

Pinout

const lmic_pinmap lmic_pins = {
.nss = 18,
.rxtx = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.rst = 14,
.dio = {26, 35, 33},
};

I experimented with one of these… The 868mhz antenna is crap. Only worked in close proximity to my gateway. Swap out the antenna if you can.

There are a very wide variety of things that could be wrong in this case, from problems with the sketch, to keys, to timing, to being out of range, to the gateway you want to interact with being down, to passing issues with the server infrastructure.

Unfortunately it is going to be very hard to debug a node in isolation.

If at all possible, see if you can make contact with someone who manages a local gateway. Debugging LoRaWAN is inevitably complicated, but it’s a lot more approachable if you can see the gateway’s view of attempts and thus gain visibility into the intermediate steps of what is ultimately a very long chain of things all of which have to happen correctly.