During this Meetup, we are diving into the extremely interesting topic of LoRa + Localization.
After this Meetup, you will not only know what localization technology to use when, but also how to use the different technologies in real life as we go hands-on. So, bring your laptop.
Learn how to locate your device using:
- RSSI (Signal strength)
- TDoA (Time Difference of Arrival)
In order to get most out of this Meetup, you get some homework
- Apply for the COLLOS membership. Link
- Get a development device (preferably Arduino compatible) with LoRaWAN connectivity, such as The Things Uno. If you want to experiment with GPS: make sure you have a GPS module, like this one. Want to experiment with WiFi: simply get a ESP8266 module.
- Check out the keynote of Richard Lansdowne about Geolocation: Link
- Check out the talk of Maarten Weyn about localization: Link
Optional (but highly recommended!)
- Check out the presentation of Tim van Dam about wildlife tracking, a real-world application that uses geolocation: Link
Don’t hesitate to RSVP, limited spots available