Can't migrate applications from V2 to V3 with ttn-lw-migrate tool

I try to export my devices from V2 application with ttn-lw-migrate.exe application

ttn-lw-migrate.exe application --source ttnv2 --ttnv2.with-session=false --verbose > devices.json

but nothing happens, the application waits forever

DEBUG [core]parsed scheme: ""
 DEBUG [core]scheme "" not registered, fallback to default scheme
 DEBUG [core]ccResolverWrapper: sending update to cc: {[{discovery.thethings.network:1900  <nil> 0 <nil>}] <nil> <nil>}
 DEBUG [core]ClientConn switching balancer to "pick_first"
 DEBUG [core]Channel switches to new LB policy "pick_first"
 DEBUG [core]Subchannel Connectivity change to CONNECTING
 DEBUG [core]Subchannel picks a new address "discovery.thethings.network:1900" to connect
 DEBUG [core]pickfirstBalancer: UpdateSubConnState: 0xc000847c10, {CONNECTING <nil>}
 DEBUG [core]Channel Connectivity change to CONNECTING
 DEBUG [core]Subchannel Connectivity change to READY
 DEBUG [core]pickfirstBalancer: UpdateSubConnState: 0xc000847c10, {READY <nil>}
 DEBUG [core]Channel Connectivity change to READY
 DEBUG rpc-client: call done                    auth-type=key duration=436.1557ms method=/discovery.Discovery/GetByAppID service-name=ttn-lw-migrate service-version=2.x.x
 DEBUG [core]parsed scheme: ""
 DEBUG [core]scheme "" not registered, fallback to default scheme
 DEBUG [core]ccResolverWrapper: sending update to cc: {[{eu.thethings.network:1904  <nil> 0 <nil>}] <nil> <nil>}
 DEBUG [core]ClientConn switching balancer to "pick_first"
 DEBUG [core]Channel switches to new LB policy "pick_first"
 DEBUG [core]Subchannel picks a new address "eu.thethings.network:1904" to connect
 DEBUG [core]pickfirstBalancer: UpdateSubConnState: 0xc0000f2f10, {CONNECTING <nil>}
 DEBUG [core]pickfirstBalancer: UpdateSubConnState: 0xc0000f2f10, {READY <nil>}
 DEBUG [transport]transport: loopyWriter.run returning. connection error: desc = "transport is closing"
 DEBUG [core]pickfirstBalancer: UpdateSubConnState: 0xc0000f2f10, {CONNECTING <nil>}
 DEBUG [core]Subchannel picks a new address "eu.thethings.network:1904" to connect
 DEBUG [transport]transport: loopyWriter.run returning. connection error: desc = "transport is closing"

`
Yesterday, with another id and application key, I managed to perform the operation. Today whatever appId I try is without success.

I try on a Windows and Ubuntu computers same problem.

thank for your help

I think there is already a thread about this: Ttn-lw-migrate error - #3. Are you sure it’s not just your internet connection?

1 Like

I would get something similar because the firewall was blocking outgoing ssh connections.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.