Data stop being observed in the live data of the device?

I am measuring the temperature with ABP and the TinyLora library, but when I disconnect the device (Adafruit 3u24) and reconnect it, the data no longer appears in the Live data, I have to create a new end device to display them again,
why does that happen?

P.S. In the gateway menu the device appears sending data correctly

@jonam_leonel does your ABP device preserve the frame counter between power cycles?

To be LoRaWAN compliant the value of the frame counter should not be reused and data may only start to reappear after the node has reached a higher value than used previously.

In your device definition you could try setting ā€œResets Frame Countersā€ rather than recreating your device definition each time. The setting is on the Advanced MAC settings of the Network Layer definition.
Ideally the device should store the last used fCnt and not loose it following power cycles.

This is just a hunch, but it might help your situation. (This is one reason OTAA is preferred over ABP).

1 Like

I think likely also what Howard suggests but more importantly what does Forum search tell you about your implementation?

Perhaps this is a good pointer to problems and a steer on what to do next (avoid use of TinyLora)

Note Hylkeā€™s comment in early Febā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

I am using TinyLora due to the low space in memory of Adafruir 3u24 device, which device or devices do you recommend the most, maybe for an industrial application?

Again what does Forum search and your own research suggestā€¦ā€¦this is an oft asked question and the market is wide driven by not only the boards and variations available (current semi industry supply issues not withstanding :wink: ), but also the needs of end applications. To do justice to your question those who might have good suggestions would likely need more info than just ā€˜an industrial applicationā€™ā€¦. are you perhaps involved in the robotic decommissioning and waste disposal for the Sellafield nuclear processing plant or monitoring bees at scale for the British Bee Keepers Association, or perhaps monitoring an end of travel microswitch on a bit of kitā€¦.orā€¦.?

Perhaps a good place to start would be the list of supported boards for the LMIC-node implementation that appears well regarded in these pages and that is well documented and supported by one of the current cornerstone TTN contributorsā€¦.

Alternatively find a board that meets your needs then use search to check others experience here and if you find nothing then ask a direct questionā€¦.providing direct links to the item of interest vs forcing contributors to search the internet. You may be surprised what comes back and the help/advice offered. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have used LMIC-node on a Adafruit M0, very simple application 4 x DS18b20 and it is running fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.