Dragino LG-01 connected but no packets

Well, I reset to factory default. Enabled only channel 8 903900000. 64 others disabled/off. This is the 3rd or 4th channel I have tried since the beginning.

17:01:32.660 > mac get ch freq 8
17:01:32.676 > 903900000
17:01:59.276 > mac get ch status 8
17:01:59.284 > on

set my abp info

17:07:46.474 > mac set devaddr ------0D
17:07:46.484 > ok
17:07:46.484 > mac set appskey ----------------------------DCCB
17:07:46.500 > ok
17:07:46.500 > mac set nwkskey ----------------------------B3E5
17:07:46.516 > ok
17:07:46.516 > mac save
17:07:47.236 > ok
17:07:50.516 > mac join abp
17:07:50.523 > ok
17:07:50.544 > accepted

17:10:42.778 > mac set dr 3
17:10:42.785 > ok
17:10:45.702 > mac tx uncnf 1 000000000000000012345678
17:10:45.785 > ok
17:10:47.904 > mac_tx_ok
17:10:47.904 > We Transmitted

And I sent a bunch hoping just 1 would get there.

I have tried every data rate, 1-4

I see absolutely no sensor data on the LG01-P. If I do the radio transmit I see the data in the sensor data. mac commands never show any results.

I also received a shield with an SX1276 and have tried it. I have not figured out how to do a radio send on it using at commands, but I get the same results doing a send from it. Just see nothing on the LG01-P.

I have an 8 channel gateway arriving tomorrow. So I will try it and see if my two nodes work with it or if it is me.

Does anyone know of any Lora Sniffer software for a pi or windows?

17:01:32.660 > mac get ch freq 8
17:01:32.676 > 903900000
17:01:59.276 > mac get ch status 8
17:01:59.284 > on

This is different than before, but is the only channel on. Using the mac commands as recommended I see nothing on the LG01-P sensor data.

By the way Explorex has your kit with the arduino’s and shields. Perhaps their issue is different.

Your frequency and data rate need to match with a single channel gateway. (Or should I call it a single frequency single data rate gateway?) Are you sure both are set the same on your node and gateway?

Dude, you are awesome…
I could not figure out what the Dragino DR was set to. While searching and reading to get a better understanding I ran across this little gem.
https://blog.dbrgn.ch/2017/6/23/lorawan-data-rates/

• US 902-928 MHz (LoRaWAN Specification (2015), Page 40, Table 18)
DataRate Modulation SF BW bit/s
0 LoRa 10 125 980
1 LoRa 9 125 1’760
2 LoRa 8 125 3’125
3 LoRa 7 125 5’470

Then realized things needed to be matched and that I should not be using a SF of 12 in my region with a bandwidth of 125K. So I set my SF to 7 and my DR to 3 and bada bing bada boom!

My LoStik is working. I see the data on my device in my app. I still have to get my SX1276 working.

I thank you very much, and edwin1 and everyone else. I hope this helps someone else. I will update when I get my other node working. And how the 8 channel works out.

1 Like

I’ve reached this stage. I can see the join request, and then the join accept, however it looks like the node never receives the join accept. Below I’ve attached my configured settings in LMIC, the Gateway admin settings and what TTN says it is transmitting the Join Accept on.

I cant work out why the end node never receives the join accept.

gatewaysettings joinaccept lcimsettings

The downlink packet uses bandwidth 500, not 125. Are your gateway and node setup to use 500 for downlink?

Try to use ABP in stead of OTAA, LG01-P has Downlink issue due to strict time requirement on the end node rx windows.

Well, I got the SX1276 working with the Dragino LG01-P. So both nodes worked with it single channel. RN2903 and SX1276

I also received the 8 channel box. Reset my nodes to factory default. Turned everything up and did the required gateway and node configs for ttn. That stuff just worked… almost takes the fun out of it came up so easy. Just tried ABP so far. Will try OTAA next since the 8 channel transmits.

1 Like

In support of Edwin and the team at Dragino I’d like to say that as a new user I started exploring the Things Network with an LG-01 KIT and then later used an LG-02, I had no problems at all getting them to connect and deliver data results back from my nodes but apart from learning and testing I concluded they are really best for a small home LoRA network or perhaps a private LoRA network.

I moved on to the 8 channel LG-308 and have found this to give great results even at ranges of up to 15 km in some cases, I now have five LG-308, this is just our small start towards expanding The Things Network coverage in our area.

Thanks to Edwin and the team at Dragino for both their product development and their support…
Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

EVERYTHING WORKS, thankyou @edwin1 for your honesty and support, successfully uploading to TTN, spent an entire semester at university trying to resolve this!

I will be recommending your product to anyone looking for an entry product into the world of LoRaWAN

For LoRaWAN on TTN please recommend the LG308, not the other models as they are not LoRaWan compliant and result in a network that is not compliant.

Also the other require ABP which is fine for initial development but should not be used for production according to Lora alliance recommendations. Some commercial providers do not even support ABP for that reason.

1 Like

Where can I find the list of TTN rules and regulations? I tried searching in the docs but couldn’t seem to find it.

What rules are you looking for? The rule that states your can not use a single channel gateway on TTN? Search the forum for the opinions of TTN staff members, you will not find a hard rule.
However, TTN is a LoRaWAN provider. That implicitly means equipment used to connect to TTN should be LoRaWAN compatible to keep it a LoRaWAN network. It does not need to be LoRaWAN certified (which commercial providers require) for TTN.

With regards to ABP vs OTAA, there is plenty on this from TTN staff on the forum, in the documentation and in the YouTube channel.

Not related to rules, but I thought was just good info related to frequency, bandwidth, and data rate.
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/lorawan/

I am new at this, but I think in regard to TTN, this is an open public network and depends on contributors (people establishing open gateways) to succeed. That being said, I see that a reliable and standardized network is critical.

From the aspect of learning or building your own network, I believe you can always build a private gateway and your own LoraServer to do things. This is my next area of investigation. Checking it all out… LoraServer and my own Lora server.

Ohh, and btw, I got OTAA working on TTN with both my nodes RN2903 and SX1276 using the 8 channel gateway.

1 Like

Just make sure you return to TTN after learning in order to strengthen the community (by providing connectivity in your part of the world)
:wink:

:+1: np

No didn’t bother with LG-01, but have spent quite some time with the LG-02 - didn’t work either: connected but no successful forwarding. Then switched to the LG-308 which worked immediately…
I’m not a deep diving scientist - It’s just my 5 cents opinion not to spend too much time in trying to make things work which are too close to or even outside the published specs of the standard (TTN) I intend to use…good luck!

I had it all setup and working (Dragino LG-01 / TTN). Then i didnt use it for a few months. When i tried again it wouldnt work for me. However I was able to get it going again, but only on older version of single_pkt_fwd_v0xx.hex would work. May be worth trying same (i.e old version single_pkt_fwd_v002.hex)