Dragino LG-01 connected but no packets

I upgraded my LG01p with IOT firmware 4.3.6 and the mcu pkt_fwd v004. After half a day the gateway was still connected tomTTN but no data packets were send. At last I used the old pkt_fwd v003. Now every 10 minutes the watchdog timer resets the mcu and de gateway keeps sending data packets the TTN network.

I feel your pain. I have now spent weeks of my spare time trying to make this box work. It connects fine to the things network but I never see it receive a packet via lora. Have tried many sketches including the forward pkt one. With no luck.

I have a heltec esp32 wifi lora attempting to send data via the gateway. If I use two heltec one to send and the other to recieve I can see the lora packets. If I try and send via lg01 gateway nothing appears to be arriving at the lg01. So frustrating but want to get an outcome. If anyone has any advise I would be grateful
I am in australia so using 915 band lots of example don’t include australia

1 Like

I got mine working, the problem was the code I was putting on the nodes. TTN wont accept uplink packets unless they’re in a very particular format, I’ll search for the links to the gateway firmware I used and the node firmware so you can get it working.

I’m also in australia! So i know this works

1 Like

@Honeybeenet check out my repository. If you upload the single_pkt_fwd_v003.hex to the gateway via the firmware uploader on the LG01 console. Also you should upload ABPEndNodeTTN.ino, to your device.

You will have to configure the serial ports accordingly to suit your microcontroller, and you will also within the TTN console need to:

1. Create Application
  2. Add a Device
  3. View the device values that were automatically set
  4. Convert into hex format
  5. Copy and replace Network Key, Application Key and Device address (all in MSB not LSB) into the ABPEndNodeTTN.ino file.
  6. Save, upload and run!

This should get your device uploading to the things network. Particularly these settings have been configured for Australia.

1 Like

Thanks I will give it a go any advise on the pin settings for the Heltec ESP32 wifi v2 have seen a few different pins suggested for the Lora Dio 34
Cheers
Phil

Hello. Thank you all for posting your problems and resolves. Great information. I have all the same problems with the LG01, Join Request and Join Accept but no packets. I have learnt a great deal through all of this and think I will now move on to an 8 channel lorawan gateway and keep moving forward.

1 Like