Frequency: Kyrgyzstan

Hello! We have just joined the TTN Community here in Kyrgyzstan. However, in the TTN country frequency guide there is no information regarding the frequency for Kyrgyzstan, and the same of course in the LoRa Regional Parameters.

When researching, I’ve found that other countries in the region (Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine) are using KZ863-868 or EU863-870. Generally we adopt a lot of standards here in a similar way given the integration of the economies etc. but I’m assuming we can’t just assume, and there must be some official approval first.

Does anyone know if this means no frequency has been allocated or even permissible at this stage? Is this something we need to deal with locally or is there a central authority or organisation that allocates these? The fear now is if we’ll need to go through regulatory hoops locally as this could take a long time given how things work here. We were hoping to get our first gateway up in the coming weeks but the frequency allocation issue may be a more pressing matter.

Any advice, suggestions, or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:roll_eyes: @htdvisser ?

A quick search suggests that the State Agency for Communications https://www.nas.gov.kg/ is the authority on this in Kyrgyzstan, so probably best if you contact them.

When you know more, please update the list of frequency plans and regulations by country.

2 Likes

Good evening!

This is the initial feedback we have received today from the State Agency:

1. The frequency band 790-960 MHz is used by existing airborne radio navigation aids until the end of the depreciation period and the commissioning of similar facilities in promising frequency bands. The development of new airborne radio navigation aids in this frequency band is not permitted.

2. Certain sections of the band 833-885 MHz are used by air traffic control system radar controllers until the end of the depreciation period.

3. The following frequency bands, subject to the established restrictions, may be used:

• 825-845 MHz and 870-890 MHz - for cellular systems of mobile and stationary radio communications;
  • 815-820 MHz and 860-865 MHz - for radial and radial-zone systems of land mobile radio communications, including trunking systems for radiotelephone communications and data transmission;
  • 859-860 MHz - for portable simplex radio stations with a transmitter power of not more than 100 mW;
  • 864-868.2 MHz - for cordless office-type telephones, radiotelephone systems using ST-2 standard technology with transmitter power not exceeding 10 mW.
    At the same time, the above frequency bands are used by civilian electronic means without the right to make claims in the event of radio interference from government electronic means.

I have a meeting with on Monday with the Head of the State Committee for IT (which is one level up from the State Agency for Comms) to discuss this question so was hoping to consult with you all and get some feedback to understand what these restrictions mean then for TTN and LoRaWAN here (I am not technical in these issues and not sure if this means that the EU frequency is not usable within these limitations? If no then I will also check the same restrictions relating to the Chinese and / or other regional frequency bands).

I’ve been getting good traction with regards to partners and interest in the concept here, even planning to have our kick-off event in a few weeks, so hopefully we can get this sorted by then!

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Doug
(cc: @htdvisser)

1 Like

@dgrier thanks for compiling the overview. Please send me an email (johan@) and I’ll bring you in touch with the LoRa Alliance Regional Parameters Working Group.

Hello. So what the frequency of Kyrgyzstan Bishkek TTN?

the frequency is 868 MHz