Gateway for Malaysia

I have tried to contact their phone number but no one answered. Is there a way to confirm with the authority that 920-923MHz are allowed in Malaysia?

Secondly, if I use a RFM95, can I use it to transmit signal in the 920-923MHz band?

Thanks,

Mubarak Kazmin

Hai, I am quite new in this field. Looking to set up a gateway in Nusajaya, Johor with my lecturer. May I know, can I use RFM95 to operate at the prescribed 920-923MHz band?

Secondly, what are other alternative I have to set up a 915MHz gateway other than using a Raspberri Pi and a RFM95? Can I use the Raspberry Pi and Cytron LoRa Shield (https://www.cytron.com.my/p-shield-lora-rfm?search=lora%20shield&description=1&sort=relevance&order=DESC) for that purpose? It seems quite similar to the Dragino shield used in many other projects.

Hope to learn more from you all.

1 Like

Ok add me

May I know. What is a slack team what do you guys do?

Sorry for the question but I really don’t know.

Thanks

can i see it …because i want to learn the places that have lorawan gateway in malaysia

Look on the TTN map https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/map

1 Like

I am learning this also. In KL / Malaysia.

Thank you

Cool. I will hopefully get my components and we’ll how progress goes.

I am looking to setup a 915MHz gateway in Educity, Nusajaya using the Cytron LoRa-RFM95 Shield.

Get back to you once I get the stuff up and running.

1 Like

Where does the specific places that have gateway

Hi, nice to meet you all ^^

I’m working on the Lora solution as well, happy to see many experts at here … Wish can learn more from you all ^^

This is the lora board from the company I’m working on …

Just curious is there any legal issue or cautious need to take note when using long range 433 MHz in Malaysia? Does MCMC got any technical document/specification for this long range device?

Thanks …

Best regards,
Sunny

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this subject but has found some materials regarding the spectrum assignment via MCMC website in the following document “Class-Assignment-No-2-of-2015” on page 8 saying that frequency band from 433 to 435 MHz can be used but with maximum EIRP of 100 mW.

Hope this helps :grin:

Hi Kazmin,

I also stay in Nusajaya area and also interested to setup a Lora gateway. May I know if you have any success with the setup? please drop me an email tengthuan@gmail.com . Thanks!

I just bought a cheap development board with ESP32, OLED & “868MHz LoRa”. Only cost USD17 so I thought it was worth playing with.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-868MHz-915MHz-SX1276-ESP32-LoRa-0-96-Inch-OLED-Display-Bluetooth-WIFI-Lora-Kit-32/32835520271.html

1. Should this be able to connect to a gateway in KL so I can see the data? It comes with something pre-programmed and says "sending packet " with an increasing number every so often so I am guessing it is transmitting!

2. Has the frequency allocation been sorted out yet? I can’t see anything definitive but I did read 868MHz is being disallowed as of the end of this year…which leads me to believe 868MHz is the current frequency used?

3. Anyone else using these devices? I have seen some info here but so far haven’t had time to actually do any programming:
    https://hackaday.io/project/27791-esp32-lora-oled-module

Hi. I am new to TTN and dragino gateway. I am currently in Miri using 433MHz dragino shield and gateway. In TTN, there is no 433MHz router for asia or south-east asia. There is no much material i could refer to on internet. Could anyone advise me how to send and receive data using 433MHz ?

According to MCMC - CLASS ASSIGNMENT NO. 1 OF 2017

1. 916 MHz to 919 MHz - 25mW EIRP with duty cycle of <1%, Frequency Hopping or LBT
  2. 919 MHz to 923 MHz - 500 mW EIRP
  3. 923MHz to 924MHz - 500 mW EIRP with duty cycle of <1%, Frequency Hopping or LBT

Does this changes anything?

Hi
Is there a way I can get Kerlink Gateway on rent in Malaysia?

Hi is there anyone using LoPy to set up LoRawan nanogateway? i need advise.

Thanks!

Hi. I am not an expert in these matters but with the help of a local expert I have setup my single channel dragino-shield on a raspberry-pi2. I am using 923.2 Mhz

works fine. There is one dragino node attached to it… I can see the device live on the TTN Map. Important baby steps forward.

The whole purpose is to learn about this type of device, LoRa IoT etc…

1 Like

That’s a very good news! Do you mind sharing how did you setup a gateway for 923 MHz ?
I’m interested in making one for using in Thailand. There are only few people who know and start working on 923 MHz, but your success is indeed a good step forward.