I do not have registered gateway but it says gateway already exists

did you try to register the ID as same as deleted before ? ---- what you should do ? think about another ID and re-register your gateway again voila !

I have to use the ID I deleted previously. The gateway device settings are already set that way, so I can’t change the settings. Can I check where pl-gw-4101d4 is already registered? Or can’t I just delete it?

imho if you have deleted the gateway ID in the console you can not use it anymore. That is the reason why they warn not to delete the ID. It’s lost.

What sort of gateway makes use of some arbitrary id? Which is another way of asking, what is this mystery gateway.

It was you that already registered it, so not not much checking needed.

No, read the docs:

https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/reference/id-eui-constraints/#deleted-entities

I have a similar problem using EUI C0EE40FFFF2942F4, ID: green-phoenix
Please can you delete the reference to my orphan gateway

Hi @buff, I just commented on the other thread you created about this

Thankx @htdvisser, it’s working now…

Hi sir, I am eswar from India . we have RAK 7258 indoor gateway and RAK 7249 outdoor gateway. we successfully register the both gateways first time in the TTN due to some problem(end node data not appearing in application)we are deleted the gateways and trying to register again but it shows that “THE GATEWAY EUI IS ALREADY TAKEN” can u please resolve this issue so that we can able to register the gateway again with same EUI which is specified by the manufacturer.
GATEWAY EUI INDOOR:60C5A8FFFE783D79
GATEWAY EUI OUTDOOR:60C5A8FFFE766380

Thanks you.

None of the error messages are DISPLAYED IN UPPER CASE SHOUTING MODE.

If you copy and paste the actually error message verbatim you may see that it likely says that you can’t use the same ID.

Search the forum for more information on how the ID is not the EUI plus the docs on ID & EUI constraints.

gateway_eui_taken

sir this is what it is showing

Good info, mostly these reports confuse EUI with ID.

When did you delete the gateways?

It’s not generally a procedure that helps with end node data not appearing in an application - there are always people on the forum who can help debug such issues.

You will have to wait whilst someone like @htdvisser looks in to the database to clear out any old EUI’s

1 Like

i have deleted the gateways 2 days back and i have spent some time to get the solution in forums but couldn’t find exactly most of them have Gateway ID issues but that can be solved easily but this gateway EUI problem may be some what out of my hands.

Always useful to know what the prior research is - and yes, if the EUI’s are still in the identity server, apart from trying something with the CLI or the gateway API to try to remove them you are somewhat in the hands of TTI engineering - who will probably want to try to understand why they didn’t get deleted there.

As for the original / actual problem, it is rare that a gateway prevents uplinks arriving.

1 Like

Both of these gateways are owned by user ungaralasaieswar9. Is that not you?

sir yes thats me but i have deleted that account accidentally and i have created another account in the ttn with different mail id .

Then why not say that in original post as consequences obvious and would have saved you 2 days to potential resolution, and volunteers and staff time getting to the core of the issue!

Subsequent users/posters to this thread please take note…full disclosure vs playing 20 questions helps all concerned! :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry sir,please solve my issue

Yeah, I agree :angry:

1 Like

@UNGARALASAIESWAR: I’ve released the EUIs for these two gateways, so you should now be able to register them in your new account.