LSN50v2 Accept Join Request Loop

Total noob here so apologies if its a simple question

I have set up a new gateway using a Raspberry Pi and a PiSupply LoRa Gateway Hat using the RAK2247. The gateway is eui-504953001cd089ef

Im trying to join a Dragino LSN50 v2 node with a temperature sensor probe.

I can see the join messages hit the gateway
Receive Uplink Message

The gateway then instantly responds
Send Downlink Message

however it does not look like this is received by the node (this is a total guess)

All I see in the end device screen is a continuous loop of
Accept join-request
Forward join-accept message

Any ideas of suggestions welcome

Welcome Stroga!

To start with - Make sure GW & node not too close with some absorber in between - e.g. window/wall etc… (common newbie new start problem)

Then if looking for help you really need to provide detail, details, details… we need to know what you are seeing, logs etc as none of the forum volunteers are telepathic :wink:

I tried further and further away which didn’t make any difference so tried driving to another nearby gateway and the node behaved differently so I think it may potentially be the gateway end rather than the node end.

On the other gateway rather than getting stuck in the same link the behaviour is
18:33:25 Accept join-request
18:33:27 Forward join-accept message
18:33:34 Forward uplink data message
18:33:34 Update end device

Ill post some logs when I get home and not sitting in my car on a laptop outside some random building :slight_smile:

As it now seems to be the gateway, ill re-create the question in a more appropriate area of the forum with a more descriptive title

Please don’t double post, the volunteers who respond on your questions, will respond exactly the same way on each post, and you split our time.

as I said in the post my intention was not to double post but to have the question categorised in the right location and with a more accurate description now I know more about the problem so that it would be easier to find for others in the future if they had a similar issue.

I don’t have the ability to delete the original post but if a moderator is able to then please do and ill continue on the new post I created

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I have a WSC1-L from Dragino and a Dragino DLOS8N Outdoor Gateway.

THE RSSI Value -107 and it worked for 3 works, the wsc1-l sends data to the gateway every 5 minutes now suddendly over night it stopped and its stuck now in a join accept loop.

here to screenhots. one from the gateway and one from the sensor:

here is the screenshot from the gateway:

and here the details from the sensor dragino wsc1-l:

Each of the screen shots very clearly shows what the problem is.

How is the gateway connected to the internet?

PS, you can add as many pictures as you like to a post, please do so.

Hi,

Ok where is the problem? I cant see error?

It is connected per LAN cable to a Router to the Internet.

Sorry, i posted the screenshot per copy&paste and the sote throw an error thats why i posted 3 times.

Sorry for that.

Read carefully what your gateway are telling you, what is the message?

Don’t forget the two device console screen shots - all using the same word.

Not reading the console - seems likes a big FAIL to me. :wink:

What is the EUI of your gateway? Is it the one shown in your first screen shot??

hi,

this is the eui: eui-a84041ffff23a010 like shown in the first screenshot?

sorry, i cannot understand the error failed to schedule join-accept?

does this mean the antenna is not online? because the antenna is connected with TTN? so there is no network problem?

and why does it starts making this problem right now it worked 3 weeks without any problem … :frowning:

and this antenna / gateway eui-a84041ffff21b5a4 also gets the join-request, and this gateway is working because i keep getting payloads from other devices threw this antenna.

Not necessarily - the message says that it failed to schedule with that EUI - it could be another gateway in your area that has downlink capacity or heard the join request. LoRaWAN is too complicated to start making assumptions or guessing - it would be like a million monkeys trying to write the specification on a typewriter, very unlikely to hit on the correct combination of keypresses.

An antenna is the (typically black) stick that sends out radio waves. The gateway is the box that it’s attached to that then has the Ethernet/WiFi that connects to TTN. The LoRaWAN Network Server won’t know if the antenna is not connected. What it is saying is that there is no time left to schedule the downlink.

Something strange is happening either with the gateway or it’s network connection. What have you tried in the way of reboots/restarts? Do you have other devices you can check are working OK. Have you changed any settings for the gateway or the device?

How is you node (WSC1-L) configured? What Freq plan settings? should be on RX2 SF9 (Recommended for TTN) at both node and GW (you need to use the drop down menu not just accest 1st you see listed!) - I see you have GW set for SF12. I dont see any commentary for RX2 window in messages and clearly RX1 window is exceeded - too much backhaul latency? or device configured with too short RX1 (& RX2) window. When 1st set up you might have got lucky but new attempts to join subsequently have failed. Was it initially in the lab/on the bench or a test set up and now in the field/relocated?

Check your latency to the AWS servers.

Hi,

I have now tested different scenarios, still the same problem.

i added now a brandnew dragino wsc1-l in my application on a different place with a different gateway.

still the same problem …

the devices like i said are a dragino wsc1-l and a dragino gateway.

i will connect directly over UART to the device and with AT+DEBUG i will send you also those logs.

Check your latency to the AWS servers? Adding a new device are not going to fix this.