New GW from Pycom: Pygate

Hi, have you tried new GW from Pycom? It is called Pygate and it needs a Wipy/Lopy4/Gpy to work, price is low 49.95 + Wipy/Lopy4/Gpy
Pycom GW link

Unlikely any open forum users playing with them yet as dont think they are due to ship until Q1’20! :wink: (From last time I looked into this a few months ago) Perhaps an early adopter/alpha/beta tester?

:thinking: If Pycom want to send me an early unit I would gladly put through its paces ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @rodri16, I ordered one from Pycom on 2nd June 2019 with delivery expected in August 2019. The latest that I have from Pycom, about 2 weeks ago, is that delivery is now expected in January or February 2020. They emailed in October to say that they had hit problems with the beta test units due to PoE issues and had to go back and resolve them. Apparently the manufacturers are all ready but the latest delay is the supply of Semtech chipsets.
I’m interested to see what the system does and will report on this forum.

1 Like

Well, 14 months after I ordered and paid for a Pycom pygate it arrived 2 weeks ago.

It’s up and running on TTN using the legacy pkt forwarder.

It’s cheap; The pygate itself is Euro50. The Lopy4 I’m using to run the code is Euro35 but it only needs a Wipy3 at Euro20.
It’s small; this picture is shown alongside a Raspberry Pi.
I have added a battery and a Taoglas PC.81 antenna. It uses WiFi for backhaul. An ethernet interface is available as an option.
From unboxing to having it up and running would be about 30mins.

20200727_140301

4 Likes